Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Route 808
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 19th, 2019, 10:31 AM
Ali`i

Default no more Ka'a'awa?

redesigning the coastal landscape doesn't bode well for the best part of Oahu https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/09/wi...-is-uncertain/
kinda scary that someone is actually considering boring an X mile long tunnel thru the Pali, that seems impossible...
Old November 14th, 2019, 05:11 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: no more Ka'a'awa?

I spent many a sunny summer day on a (then) sandy beach in Kaaawa. That beach disappeared decades ago, and is now just a rocky shoreline that has occasional storm waves licking at the roadway. That section of the shoreline is unrecognizable from what it was decades ago, so it cannot be a surprise to the planners today about what is steadily progressing with "the disappearing shoreline and sand of Kaaawa".
Old November 14th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: no more Ka'a'awa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amati View Post
I spent many a sunny summer day on a (then) sandy beach in Kaaawa. That beach disappeared decades ago, and is now just a rocky shoreline that has occasional storm waves licking at the roadway. That section of the shoreline is unrecognizable from what it was decades ago, so it cannot be a surprise to the planners today about what is steadily progressing with "the disappearing shoreline and sand of Kaaawa".
same here, my favorite spot at Makaua is completely unsuitable year 'round now with shore pound despite the reef.
lots of beach homes will succumb to the tides and more to redesigning the access roads. what zoning preserved will be destroyed by new realities.