Ban New Years fireworks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ban New Years fireworks?

Today the news identified the victim of the aerial firework explosion, and she leaves behind two children, 16 & 18. Such a horrible accident. Maybe the public officials will take note, and come up with some hooks in the already-in-place ban of aerials in the hands of the general public. How about going after the people who sell the fireworks .... make the attraction of a big profit not so attractive by a stiff jail sentence and huge fine.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Reported online, the victim of the illegal aerial firework "died of penetrating injuries to the torso and that her right arm was severely injured in the fireworks". Will anyone who has done illegals in the past take this sad lesson to heart, and in the future avoid putting their family, friends and themselves at risk, by not setting off any more illegal fireworks? Will the legislature and police and prosecutor's office take the dangers of illegal fireworks more seriously, and do more than it is currently doing to prevent the importation of illegal fireworks and to catch & punish those who sell them? Can this terrible death at least result in enhanced protections for the public and enforcement of the law?
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

damn, I didn't hear about that, just terrible! but, no, nothing will change much.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Several years ago, around the fourth of July, I found an guy I knew hiding under a car in a garage. He had been there a day or so and was not coming out for anything. He is a Vietnam veteran, and the fireworks took him back to all the horrors of that experience. The fireworks scared the crap out of him, literally and figuratively.
          With all the veterans that we have now I wonder how many there are that are affected in a similar way. Maybe the mental help is much better with the newer veterans than the Vietnam veterans. But still why would anyone shoot off those illegal fireworks if there is a possibility of creating such anxiety.
          Then there are all the people that suffer from the smoke.
          "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
          Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
          X