Late night TV hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late night TV hosts

I figured maybe we should have a new thread, since the others were about Conan and about Jay at 10. So now that things have returned to the pre-Conan phase, we've got this thread for that and for the other late night hosts.
    As we know, Leno had been beating Letterman for 17 years. Well, CNN reports this today:

Leno continues high ratings streak

The results have just come in from Nielsen Media Research's fast nationals (preliminary ratings), and "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" is yet again No. 1 in its time slot.

Leno's total viewers [for Wednesday night] were just slightly lower than the 5.8 million who watched Tuesday night; he had 5.4 million viewers overall for Wednesday night's show. David Letterman's "Late Show" on CBS [Wednesday] had 3.7 million and ABC's "Nightline" had a midweek slump with 3.4 million, down from the 4.1 million who watched on Monday.

Jimmy Fallon isn't doing bad either. He's holding his own as No. 1 in his time slot at 12:35 a.m, and had 2 million viewers in comparison to the 1.7 million who watched Craig Ferguson on "The Late, Late Show."

I'd like to know the numbers for Monday night for both of them, the first night Jay was back.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Late night TV hosts

I'm only drawing on my memory here but, iirc, during Jay's first week in primetime, his ratings were high. But it was all downhill from there. Hopefully his ratings stay high now that he's in his old time slot. Wasn't he pulling something like 5.2 million in his previous tenure on the Tonight Show? I'm too tired to go into googlemania mode!

Comment

I will continue to watch Craig Ferguson just to see what he can come up with comedy wise on a very small, almost non-existent budget. One night last week he didn't even have an audience - he was still very funny. He doesn't get the "big name" guests and still gets 1.7 million viewers? I'd say that's pretty good!!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

The higher ratings for Leno were misleading because of the Palin factor. She's the money shot.

Comment

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/nbc-rewrite...010743240.html

The countdown to Jimmy Fallon.

Comment

Watch David Letterman Return to The Late Show as Stephen Colbert’s Guest For the First Time Since Retiring (yahoo.com)

When did Letterman become a member of ZZ Top?

Comment

Working...
            X