• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Darn Democrats

Pau mad.

Thanks Leo.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Leo Lakio would make a good matapule.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Darn Democratic-Republicans!

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        Why people don’t understand that the Dems and the GOP are the same party with different rhetoric is beyond me. Ignorance? Denial?
        I think ignorance. Most people don't realize that historically they were once the same party! (Democratic-Republican Party) They split over conflicting interests. (This is NOT taught in High School History, however!)

So we don't REALLY have the fabled two-party system others have claimed, but a split one-party system....

One answer: connect with a strong third party, and promote it.

But Jesse Ventura on Faux News? Better to research real history.....
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Grass roots government?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          The real "outsiders" don't run for high political office anymore; they make change at the human level, where most of us reside. They volunteer and operate grassroots organizations. The less governmental influence seems to equate to the more successful result - think "The Slippah Project"; it's a perfect example of the kind of change I believe will actually matter in our swiftly-crumbling empire. (Please note, I said "high" political office; those who want to be elected to congressional, gubernatorial, or higher national executive office these days are more interested in "power" than "change.") Last independent I supported was John Anderson, back in 1980.
          Absolutely, Leo!

Top-heavy, ineffective government (except for the military-industrial complex - very effective!), innured to the will of the people, who have been lulled into a false sense of security by economic well-being... how long before it cracks under the pressure of inflation and debt?

Much is being done by independent projects and grassroots organizations. We are in a better place because of them.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Leo Lakio would make a good matapule.
            I am humbled by such a suggestion - but I am a long way away from such honor.

Comment

Working...
            X