Dinner cruises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner cruises

Has anyone been on those dinner cruises that leaves from Honolulu Harbor? While I could ask what kind of food do there serve and what not, the more important issue for me would be "would I get a good view of Honolulu from the ship?"

Re: Dinner cruises

Never been on one, but often watched them cruise past from outside at Gordon Biersch or from Fort DeRussy Beach. I'm sure you would get a very good view of downtown Honolulu and Waikiki.

Another way to get some interesting photos (which I assume is part of the reason you are asking), and a much cheaper one, is to take one of those short cruises from Kuhio Beach, near the police substation. Those little boats sail out for about half an hour, turn around and return you to the beach.

Comment

My brother used to work on the Ali`i Kai Catamaran, and as a result my family and I were able to go on a few. You certainly do get a good view of the city from offshore. But while the Ali`i Kai isn't the most expensive dinner cruise in town, it's still not exactly cheap.

Here are some photos from a couple of these outings:

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
        Another way to get some interesting photos (which I assume is part of the reason you are asking), and a much cheaper one, is to take one of those short cruises from Kuhio Beach, near the police substation.
        I guess I am busted !!! Yeah my reason was to take photos of Oahu. Was even thinking of doing those glider rides on the North Shore.

Comment

"Was even thinking of doing those glider rides on the North Shore."

EeeeK! Stay on land or sea, Helen.

Comment

Well I do have other methods of taking aerial photographs that don't involve me flying with the camera.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X