Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Popeye's Dillingham = Mr. Cluck's

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Holy cow. That photo has now has 3,700 views, and counting! Must be disorienting to land in the middle of some Lost photos, then end up seeing photos from a family picnic...
    What's the URL for the Lost fan site that's generating all your traffic?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      What's the URL for the Lost fan site that's generating all your traffic?
      I'm guessing it's this one, but it's the nature of fan-sites to copy each other and propogate information far and wide. Photos I took of the set they built at 1 S. King (where Locke's wheelchair reveal took place) appeared on half a dozen sites within a week of my posting them, and only a couple bothered with any credit.

Of course, the converse is being a sole source and having your site crushed ("The Slashdot Effect"). So really, as a Lost fan, it's better to share, anyway.

Comment

Did they just steal the picture, or are they stealing your bandwith too?

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
          Did they just steal the picture, or are they stealing your bandwith too?
          In the case of the Mr. Cluck's pictures? Neither. At the above site, it looks like they're directing people to view the photo on my site, which is ethically correct, but tough on my server. It's generally preferable to their taking the photo and posting it on their own site (though in context it might be confusing, as it is a personal gallery!), and definitely preferable to them displaying the photo on their site but served from mine (which is bandwidth theft).

Comment

Oh, okay. You said a few sites didn't credit you for the pictures. But if they're linking to your site, I guess that's credit in itself.

Do you incur extra fees if one of your sites gets slashdotted?

Comment

Well, it's not Mr. Cluck's related, but I did just see Matthew Fox about an hour ago. I went to get a soda at 7-11, the one on on the corner of...um...it was by Grocery Outlet/HCC (shoot me for not knowing street names for beans). He came in and was standing behind me in line and I wasn't sure it was him until I snuck a quick look while paying. He's so much taller than me :/ He was wearing just a plain white shirt and black pants, and he had his nice stubblies...

Anyway, I forget what he bought, it was something from behind the counter, cigs maybe, wasn't paying attention since I was trying to pay for my own stuff and left immediately, but I sucked around outside for a little while outside. Then he left and went straight to the small City & County driver's license place (not the one closer to Grocery Outlet, the one right by the 7-11). I really wanted his autograph but I wasn't about to wait outside for him or go in there to bother him. Besides, I had to eat and get right back to my next class.

So that's my story for the day. A missed opportunity to bother Matthew Fox :/
              myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

That would be the corner of Dillingham Blvd. and Kohou St.

Comment

...lol that's hilarious since I live on Kohou St. and I can't even recognize it when I get farther down. Well, not so much hilarious as it is depressingly sad...
                  myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Just an update, got my shirts yesterday! If we can go to the advance premiere of Season 2 on Wednesday in Waikiki, we're going to wear them and see if anyone catches the reference.

Comment

I made a few of my own designs too because I wanted the design a little different. I made them mostly for myself, but if anyone wants one they can get them at:

http://www.cafepress.com/lostatmrclucks

Mine include "Honolulu, HI" as a location.

Comment

Is this thread devolving into a t-shirt advertisement campaign?

And now a word of warning:

Me, I think I'm going to look for pieces of meteorite near that place on Dillingham blvd.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Two sources (one from the Star Bulletin, the other from IMDb) hints that this epsiode should air on October 12.

Comment

If yer tired of it, choke the chicken.
                            pluck da cluck... whaddya got to lose?

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2005/10/...f-week_20.html

Comment

Re: Is there something at Popeye's Dillingham?

Awesome photos!! Thanks!

Originally posted by kupomog
                              Excuse the glare in some pics, I'm not a good picture taker, especially when you can't roll your car windows down since they've just been tinted

I'm pretty sure he was the only cast member there, but it was still fun trying to take good pics when I suck at photography, heh.
                              Lovena

Comment

Re: Is there something at Popeye's Dillingham?

https://www.kitv.com/story/44270262/...moving-forward

Love that chicken.

Comment

Working...
                                X