What time does The Bus stop running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What time does The Bus stop running?

Or is it possible to decide in Honolulu at 4 am that you wanna go to North Shore and hop on the bus?
    If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Re: What time does The Bus stop running?

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
    Or is it possible to decide in Honolulu at 4 am that you wanna go to North Shore and hop on the bus?
    It depends on which bus route but in general, it would appear The Bus stops running between 12AM to 4AM. They don't offer 24hr night bus routes like some systems.

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
      You can decide any time you want, but to catch the earliest buses to the N. shore you'd have to catch them downtown. I think 5:30 am via the Windward route, and maybe earlier via Wahiawa. We have buses to the N. shore flying thru Kaaawa around 5am, but they don't pick up until Kaneohe at best.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Luckily here where I am at in The Bay Area of California there are whats called night owl service in San Francisco (MUNI) & down here in the Peninsula side (SamTrans) on certain routes lines. Just gotta be at the stop b4 it comes cuz the wait time is on the hour. As for Oahu, yeah kinda sucks that bus services cease at a certain time. You can get around on the islands during the late hours if u willing to pay extra $$$$$ (ahem) Taxi that is....

Comment

TheBus does have a web site at:

http://www.thebus.org

Schedules, routes and the latest news are available on it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            TheBus does have a web site at:

http://www.thebus.org

Schedules, routes and the latest news are available on it.
            Even better, TheBus has a GPS site at:

http://hea.thebus.org

This site will give you the real-time ETA of the next bus at the specific stop you are waiting at. Unlike the “schedule” on the first site, this one is exact, since it tracks the bus’ location via satellite.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

that only works if someone has web access on their phone. not all of us are so fortunate.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

One can always call TheBus for that information, you may to wait through.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                  This site will give you the real-time ETA of the next bus at the specific stop you are waiting at. Unlike the “schedule” on the first site, this one is exact, since it tracks the bus’ location via satellite.
                  I use this all the time; it's invaluable in helping me decide which route home I want to take (depending on which buses are arriving soonest), or letting me know if I have time to duck into the corner convenience store for a drink.

However, for the question the original poster poses, Helen's suggestion is best because it lets you look at the entire time table, something the OP would have figured out with even rudimentary web-searching skills.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    that only works if someone has web access on their phone.
                    not necessarily. you can also access the site on your laptop, netbook or tablet (android or iPad). Or, just use your office computer before you step out.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

It seems that Route 40 is about as close as this system gets to be a 24 hour route. However the frequency of the buses on that route during the late night/early morning period is 1, maybe 2 buses per hour.

This link is to the PDF version of Route 40's time schedule and is 8 pages long while the map of the route is here, which is also a PDF document.

Comment

not necessarily. you can also access the site on your laptop, netbook or tablet (android or iPad). Or, just use your office computer before you step out.
                        apples & oranges: it still requires web access.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

If you don't have internet access, there is the phone info line.

Routes & Timetables
                          (808) 848-5555
                          5:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. HST
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

http://hea.thebus.org

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                            I use this all the time; it's invaluable in helping me decide which route home I want to take (depending on which buses are arriving soonest), or letting me know if I have time to duck into the corner convenience store for a drink.
                            I agree! The site sure makes catching the bus easier and more practical. I get so much more done during my day now that I can “keep tabs” on exactly where on the route the bus I need to catch is. I often arrive at the bus stop less then a minute before it arrives. After doing this a couple of times, an elderly man exclaimed “wow, you have some amazing timing!” I told him I have x-ray vision.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

I agree! The site sure makes catching the bus easier and more practical. I get so much more done during my day now that I can “keep tabs” on exactly where on the route the bus I need to catch is. I often arrive at the bus stop less then a minute before it arrives. After doing this a couple of times, an elderly man exclaimed “wow, you have some amazing timing!” I told him I have x-ray vision.
                              Looks like they don't have the entire bus fleet with GPS yet. Once that happens, it should be even more accurate. Maybe they could create emailing lists for each bus that riders can subscribe to so it sends out arrival alerts like how Outlook calender would send a heads up for scheduled meetings. That would really be a useful feature, just not sure how much IT resource is needed for such a feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X