Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Route 808
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 14th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to adrian
Default TheBus news

Big new buses pulled off road
Quote:
O'ahu Transit Services pulled 10 hybrid electric-diesel buses out of service this week following an engine fire in one of the buses on Tuesday, the third fire in the past year on the fuel-efficient buses....

... [Mufi] Hannemann said the route was operating at about one-third of capacity and estimated that it had cost the city about $2 million to operate in the initial months of service.

Hannemann said the new buses also were disappointing because they do not climb hills efficiently, so couldn't handle routes such as the trans-Ko'olau trek to Windward O'ahu.
And

City bus driver accused in attempted sex assault

Quote:
Police arrested a city bus driver Wednesday as a suspect in the attempted sexual assault of a 15-year-old boy who was a passenger on the bus.

Police said the alleged incident took place between 4 and 6 p.m. Oct. 2 in Pearl City.
What is happening to TheBus?
Old October 14th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: TheBus news

oh, man...i used to ride the bus to school from HI Kai by myself for years, when i turned 7 and my sister moved on to high school...that was back in the day of the 10-cent fare...i'm just glad feliciano vea wasn't driving my route back then...

i've always maintained that TheBus is a fine City operation (driver strikes and pedophile drivers notwithstanding), one of the few City operations that can realistically be called successful...but drivers sexually assaulting children? you can't get publicity worse than that...
Old October 14th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub
oh, man...i used to ride the bus to school from HI Kai by myself for years, when i turned 7 and my sister moved on to high school...that was back in the day of the 10-cent fare...i'm just glad feliciano vea wasn't driving my route back then...

i've always maintained that TheBus is a fine City operation (driver strikes and pedophile drivers notwithstanding), one of the few City operations that can realistically be called successful...but drivers sexually assaulting children? you can't get publicity worse than that...
And people thought it was bad when priests were doing that...
Old October 15th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Kumu

Send a message via ICQ to D'Alani

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub
oh, man...i used to ride the bus to school from HI Kai by myself for years, when i turned 7 and my sister moved on to high school...that was back in the day of the 10-cent fare...
I remember the 10 cent fare but I no remember Hawaii Kai back then. Beyond Kaimuki and Fort Shafter was considered "country" those days.
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Kia`aina

I still ride the bus, occasionally. I never have a problem with them except for once when the bus had to pull over and restart on its way over the Pali.
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Kia`aina

We've had several problems.

One time we were riding to the north shore and this weird skanky woman was driving. She was very rude to the passengers and for most of the trip she was arguing loudly on her cell phone with what appeared to be her boyfriend or husband. I couldn't believe it. Passengers aren't allowed to distract the drivers by talking to them, but this beotch was just a hazard! Everyone on The Bus applauded when she finally pulled over and the new driver got on to start his shift.

Another time, we were trying to find a little music store which turned out to be just a few blocks from the end of the line, and this jackass driver directs us across the street to another bus that took us in the opposite direction for three hours.

The passive-aggressive attitude is really something and it gets pretty creepy. I mean really, why so angry? Aren't the drivers paid a half way decent wage? And why are they so poorly trained?

I realize that tourists are hated and their dollars are loved, but these drivers really suck and someone should call a staff meeting or something to explain the definition of customer service to these dim bulbs.
Old October 20th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalinder
We've had several problems.

One time we were riding to the north shore and this weird skanky woman was driving. She was very rude to the passengers and for most of the trip she was arguing loudly on her cell phone with what appeared to be her boyfriend or husband. I couldn't believe it. Passengers aren't allowed to distract the drivers by talking to them, but this beotch was just a hazard! Everyone on The Bus applauded when she finally pulled over and the new driver got on to start his shift.

Another time, we were trying to find a little music store which turned out to be just a few blocks from the end of the line, and this jackass driver directs us across the street to another bus that took us in the opposite direction for three hours.

The passive-aggressive attitude is really something and it gets pretty creepy. I mean really, why so angry? Aren't the drivers paid a half way decent wage? And why are they so poorly trained?

I realize that tourists are hated and their dollars are loved, but these drivers really suck and someone should call a staff meeting or something to explain the definition of customer service to these dim bulbs.
I guess you can't catch every bad driver, but so far, I didn't get any. And why do they have cell phones anyway? Don't they have those radio/phone things in the bus to communicate with dispatch if anything goes wrong?

But its glad to see that the 10 hybrids didn't effect the bus schedule (yet) and hopefully they can fix those and get them back up and running.
Old October 14th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1456
A lack of security on the bus and responsibility on the job, I'll bet.
Old September 16th, 2010, 02:12 PM
sansei

Default Re: The Bus's new HEA system

hi my apologie's to our mod only since their's no thread on the bus system,

i wish to share that so far our bus fare is still at $2.50 and not any higher and my mom thought when she saw the fare's of last year from the pamphlet for the bus she taught it was at $2.25 so i shared my thought's on looking at this year's pamphlet and she did and it was at $2.25 so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansei View Post
i wish to share that so far our bus fare is still at $2.50 and not any higher and my mom thought when she saw the fare's of last year from the pamphlet for the bus she taught it was at $2.25
Thank you Mr. Mayor for the fare increase.
Old September 17th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
Thank you Mr. Mayor for the fare increase.
Thank you oil conglomerates for record profits.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow
Old August 19th, 2019, 04:13 AM
Ali`i

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/0...-changed-oahu/

Be prepared. But mostly the windward side.
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:18 AM
Ali`i

holy shinola, there's no end to the ugly secrets https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/09/fe...ust-be-redone/