Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas Prices

Costco has a 3% (yes, 3 per cent) cash rebate on gasoline purchases with their Costco card. We save about 13 cents a gallon. If you can get a Costco Business card, you will get a 5% rebate on gasoline any day of the week.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

We been in Montreal, Canada two weeks ago. Regular in Montreal cost around $7 per gallon! Most cars in Canada - compact cars. Very few trucks (and they obviously used for bussiness). A lot of people riding motorcycles and scooters. Kind of funny to see lady going to work in office (in tipical office outfit) on scooter, but that pretty common in there.
      Also seen A LOT of people on bicycles.

Comment

If only we were paying $7/gal (or $10/gal)! Then we might have a chance to control our foreign oil dependency AND traffic problems at the same time.
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Actualy, we NOT depend on Middle-East oil. 99% of oil imported to US from - Canada, Mexico, Venezuela.

Comment

I don't know where you get your information, but last time I checked, Canada, Mexico and Venezuela were foreign countries.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              I don't know where you get your information, but last time I checked, Canada, Mexico and Venezuela were foreign countries.
              Venezuela yes, but Canada and Mexico is part of North American Union, well almost

Comment

For 2007, the Top 10 importers of crude oil into the U.S. (in million barrels) were:

1. Canada 680.533
                2. Saudi Arabia 530.245
                3. Mexico 514.480
                4. Venezuela 419.841
                5. Nigeria 394.856
                6. Angola 181.215
                7. Iraq 177.009
                8. Algeria 161.755
                9. Ecuador 72.138
                10. Kuwait 64.306

Source

Comment

Sorry! Was wrong! My bad!

Comment

Since this post is in the 'Route 808' forum, I find this quote apt (if somewhat dated), "We import 28 percent of our oil from Alaska, but 72 percent comes from foreign sources including Indonesia, China, Papua New Guinea, and Vietnam." [Excerpt from statement of Senator Daniel K. Akaka, February 17, 2005]
                    Last edited by salmoned; July 24, 2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadRussian View Post
                      Venezuela yes, but Canada and Mexico is part of North American Union, well almost
                      Good point, MadRussian. This topic is being discussed here.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

am in philippines right now (as i've mentioned before in recent posts). premium gas costs just under seventy pesos, or about a dollar seventy. of course, the wages here are incredibly low.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

That's per liter, right? x 4 = ~$6.00/gal [Paying attention to the details can really pay off]
                          Last edited by salmoned; August 6, 2008, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                            Since this post is in the 'Route 808' forum, I find this quote apt (if somewhat dated), "We import 28 percent of our oil from Alaska, but 72 percent comes from foreign sources including Indonesia, China, Papua New Guinea, and Vietnam." [Excerpt from statement of Senator Daniel K. Akaka, February 17, 2005]
                            Are those countries also running out of oil?

Should we be concerned as to how they get their oil? And what labor infrastructure they use, measuring up to our high standard of labor and job safety laws?

Frankly, I question the need to be oil-independent. We still have an abundance of oil. We just cannot touch them because of environmental concerns. I'd rather be weaned off of imported foreign oil dependency and tap our own source.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

What? Me Worry? Not in the least. When the worldwide average temperature rises 4 to 5 more degrees and the oceans rise 50 more feet, we'll see conditions similar to those of 3 million years ago, when humans first evolved.
                              Last edited by salmoned; August 6, 2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Just saw a demonstration of the hydrogen technology, and of a device known as a Stynger.

Stynger $400
                                Hydrogen $2200 installed

Both are awesome. Got to test drive the Stynger on my own Corolla. Impressive "Butt Dyno" results.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X