Downtime Announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Downtime Announcements

No need to apologize, Ryan. As always, all of us appreciate all the work you do to keep this place going.
    I hope you got to enjoy the holiday weekend and that you didn't have to spend most of it trying to restore HT!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

You're the bestest, Ryan. You really are. For those of you who might not be aware, every time one of us clicked on HT while it was down, it generated an email to Ryan. At some point yesterday (Monday) morning he had at least 1000 emails in his inbox. The HT problem then continued for at least another 24 hours. While I enjoyed an HT vacation Ryan certainly didn't.

Comment

Yes, Thank you, thank you , thank you Ryan. I do apologize for all those emails from my end. I too thought it might be my end so I tried on three different computers. And then I kept checking to see if it was up yet. I even tried to get in through Google.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          I had a white-knuckle morning trying to repair and rebuild everything (as the last backup was in December), and after watching things spin for over an hour, it looks like we're back.
          Thanks, Ryan, and sorry for all the e-mails I generated while trying to figure out what was going on.

You would think that a serverhost would automate your backups a bit more frequently. After all this is priceless data we're talking about-- you can't get this level of discourse just anywhere!
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Uuuugggghhhh...I had no idea my clicking was generating emails. SORRY! I am so glad everything is back and running well! Mahalo, Ryan!!

Comment

It must have taken a lot of Kona coffee for the amount of overtime in order to fix the problem.
              Last edited by Walkoff Balk; February 17, 2009, 06:43 PM. Reason: spacing

Comment

As long as you don't post a link, WB

Ryan, you are great. I saw the website down page and knew it could not be good. Thanks for all your work to get us gabbing again.

Comment

Thanks! When the site was down so long, I knew it couldn't be good. Glad you got it going again.

I had a white-knuckle morning trying to repair and rebuild everything (as the last backup was in December), and after watching things spin for over an hour, it looks like we're back.
                  So, ready to join the Church of the Daily Backup? It's all too easy to see backups as a chore, until one experiences the alternative. (BTDT-both sides)

Comment

My apologies for the extensive and unscheduled downtime yesterday and today......I don't know at this point if there was any data loss, or any other things that went bad, so if you see anything unexpected, do let me know. I hope you all had a great President's Day holiday away!
                    Yikes! I was sure I broke it... No huhu! All is good again. Bless you for getting it fixed. I bow to your computer skills.

sb

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                      Yikes! I was sure I broke it... No huhu! All is good again. Bless you for getting it fixed. I bow to your computer skills.

sb

And I thought I had wrecked it by posting something in the wrong thread.

Comment

New problem - since Tuesday night, it has been taking an extremely long time (over a minute) for me to get HT - or any of its pages - to open. This is the first that I've been able to get in to post since yesterday afternoon, and it took several minutes.

Anyone else been seeing this problem?

Comment

yep, me too. the server has been giving that 'unavailable, please register or login' message. logging in takes longer and pages take longer to appear, and often I get a 'server error' message, over the last 2 days.
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I have been having the same problems

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                              yep, me too. the server has been giving that 'unavailable, please register or login' message.
                              If I understand it right, that condition is normal.

logging in takes longer and pages take longer to appear,
                              I am not sure about that condition.

and often I get a 'server error' message, over the last 2 days
                              I have been seeing this today as well. I just notifed the admin of it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                                If I understand it right, that condition is normal
                                okay, but the past few days its happened every time I go to HT, vs it used to happen to me maybe 2 x a week.
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X