Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "V" on ABC

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Remember when the original series ran on NBC in the 80's, which was on KHON. The scene where the half-alien baby came out right before commercial break, and then we saw Joe Moore passed out behind the anchor desk. That was classic!
    And wasn't this the program that during an ad for the upcoming news broadcast, Joe came on the screen with his eyes all glary red? That was when I finally became a diehard Joe Moore fan.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I suspect that the V's (did they say what star system they are from?) tend to either reproduce fast or mature pretty fast compared to humans because Anna want's to make a new army of V's.

Comment

Great ending to "V" tonight and the good news is that ABC is renewing for another 13 episodes. Reminded me of the Drak Plague that was unleashed on Earth in "Babylon 5".
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

yeah, pretty good ending. a couple of surprises--for me anyway. like what anna did. huh? where did that come from?!?

and then the lazurus surprise! are you kidding me? man, they are so far past fixing a broken bone!

glad to hear that more episodes will be coming; obvious that they're trying to squeeze every drop of tension from the new kid on the block! you can see the blanket but that's about it... for now!
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
            and then the lazurus surprise! are you kidding me? man, they are so far past fixing a broken bone!
            Not really, Erica's partner was a V, who she killed but the partner was brought back to life with some memory loss.

I suppose this is the reason why V weapons tend to vaporize their enemies.

Comment

hey, that's right; i forgot about that. it was pretty cool when the doc turned the lights off for the guy (again!) as he started recalling things!

in order to protect the info in his head, i guess he should have vaporized himself and perhaps letting the fbi mom put a couple of rounds in his body to make it appear that she's on the V's side.

shoot me in my left knee; ow! that hurts! okay, now my shoulder; damn! that hurts!

and if only anna had screamed "kahnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!" at the end, my life would have been complete!
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

After watching last night's episode of V I have to kind of wonder at the biology of the Visitors. Anna not only had a pretty long tail but one powerful enough to pucture thru one of her kind. I know it kind of begs the question where does she keep the tail when not in use?

Comment

It looked like she kept it under the skin of her back.

Comment

Was great to see Jane Badler show up at the end of this week's episode. I wonder if her character's name is "Diana"?
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Seems that only the female V's have tails. Erica was pointing out that what are the odds that the last 2 partners of hers were V's?

Comment

What a disappointing series (I highly doubt it will be renewed) finale. It was so sloppy and rushed…it’s like the writers/producers were told 5 minutes before shooting “this is the last episode” so they just crammed every crazy idea they could think of into the last 30min. All the plot points they have been building up on all season long, just came to abrupt halts, or in most cases went completely unresolved.

Don’t get me wrong the show wasn’t standing on “solid ground” to begin with. With the first season split and long hiatus it never had the chance to catch on. I watched it mainly for the nostalgia, as I am a big fan of the original….and this new series cannot hold a candle to the original. The “resistance” in the new series was so inept, every week we watched as they failed yet again. That was what made the original series exciting, humans were fighting for their survival, and actually took actions that made dents in the V’s plans. The 5th column in the new series was all bark and no bite. I kept getting my hopes up that when they brought in Hobbes (as the “Ham Tyler” character) that it would ratchet it up a notch. But alas no. Same went for the introduction Eli Cohn, or Erica’s newfound drive after the death of her husband. But again no, just failure.

I guess if you look at this show as the humans are the villains and the V’s as the heroes, then you were in for a great ride because Anna and her minions seemed to be the only ones actually executing any plans/plots to fruition.

Comment

"V" was among several shows cancelled by ABC last week.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                          X