Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

A few weeks ago I picked up the Superman Ultimate Collerctor's Edition DVD which has all five Superman movies (Superman, Superman II, Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace and Superman Returns) plus another version of Superman II titled Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut which I saw today.

With this version some parts I like, other parts were cut out (some parts of the East Houston encounter, Lois jumping into the river) and at least one part that made a bigger plot hole then the original version.

Best to watch both versions and you be the judge.

One funny part I like in this version is with Lex Luthor and Miss Teschmacher when they first find the Fortress of Solitude.

In the original version Miss Teschmacher makes mention that she needs to use the restroom and the Fortress doesn't seem to have one. In this version they see an image of Jor-El and she ask him about the bathroom. As the scene progress with the three of them and after a while you only see Jor-El and Luthor. Luthor wonders what happen and then you hear a toilet flushing in the background and Miss Teschmacher yelling "I found it".

Re: Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

so does superman know how to do plumbing or did he bring in contractors?
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

"Superman II" is my personal fave from the series which is neck in neck with thee first one that came out in 1978.......

Few things that I have noticed in this version

It was interesting to see what its intended version that Richard Donner envisioned and the suttle humor as mentioned in the 2 previous SPOILERS above this posting but.......

The directors cut of SUPERMAN II
      is heavily plagued with CONTINUITY Issues.... I can see why the original cut got changed around I was kinda disappointed that The scene where Kidder goes to Paris at the begining of the movie and finds her self in the middle of Terrorists at the Eiffel Tower
      was nowhere to be found. I guess this is a scence that got added into the film as seen in the theaters.
      The movie jumps right into Reeves and Kidder immediately heading to Niagra Falls
      which I recall comes MUCH later. And Kidder immediately suspects that Clark And Superman is the SAME person so she jumps out of the window at the Daily Planet assuming that Reeves will come to her rescue. As seen in theaters Kidder jumps into Niagra Falls when she realizes that when Superman shows up Clark is nowhere to be found after he saves the boy. Hmmmmmm do we see a swictharoo in scenes?
      And Kidder pointing a gun at Reeves during A conversation I thought was neat cause the scene ended on a memorable moment that I will not say here.
      And its interesting how Reeves manages to get his powers back when he realizes what he has done is a HUGE MISTAKE.
      Other than that the RICHARD DONNER cut is ok but you really have to be a fan of the series to keep an open mind while watching this...
      Last edited by DannyWilliams; December 24, 2006, 09:58 PM.

Comment

From what I remember reading back in those days the intention was to release two seperate movies but both were filmed at the same time.

Did notice the following after watching parts of Superman I after watching Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

In Superman I Lois changes clothes before board the copter to meet Air Force One. The old set of clothes is the same set she wears at the beginning of Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, which highlights Superman's foiling Lex Luthor nuke missile scheme.

Comment

I noticed that a lot of the new stuff was on TV when they played it on broadcast TV.
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X