Vog UNAPPRECIATION thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vog UNAPPRECIATION thread

I came to visit in May when the vog was here, and then just moved here last Sat. I always seem to come over right as it blows in! But...no more cottonwood or ragweed! (At least, not in the extremes that it used to grow back in Texas)

And the Neti Pot thing works quite nicely. It's a little uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it, and my sinus headaches have almost disappeared after using it for less than two weeks.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Today's vog invasion seems the voggiest ever. We've always had vog, but am I imagining things or does it seem that the vog has been getting worse the last couple of years?

Comment

My eyes itch. My head hurts. I have a little pesky cough. I didn't see the sun all day.

Yup, must be vog!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
          Today's vog invasion seems the voggiest ever. We've always had vog, but am I imagining things or does it seem that the vog has been getting worse the last couple of years?
          I had the news on earlier and it was reported that today was the voggiest day since...<phone rang...sorry>!

Comment

And for the bored, a video clip...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              And for the bored...
              The environment in those photos looks more like Bangkok than Honolulu...

It seemed worse at sea level than up in central Oahu.
              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

I woke up yesterday morning and thought I was in mainland China! Anyway, my sinuses remained clear (surprisingly), but my vocal chords were kinda thick and dry. Couldn't sing very well. Come to think of it, that's not unusual either.

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                  we were on the big island yesterday for a home inspection and i guess the vog was already starting to dissipate (spelling) in puna. however, in the air it was everywhere across the island chain.
                  Down where I live (lower Puna near the ocean) we don't get the VOG as bad as the rest of the Big Island simply because the ocean breeze pushes it away from us. But four miles up the road and it's pretty bad (along the Pahoa Highway). That seems to be one of the few sanctuaries from the effects of the VOG here.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I knew this was the start of the rainy season and I thought this is what it was going to be like the whole time. Then we had the gloriously clear weekend, and I realized how beautiful my new home really is. Now it's sucky-looking again. Any news on how long this is supposed to last, or does the vog just come and go as it pleases?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Guess we must be patient. Auntie Pele will do what she does for reasons her own.

Best to be tolerant, not only did she make us these beautiful islands to live on,she is hard at work making another one, for our descendents.
                      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                      ~ ~
                      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Does any tea help for an irritated throat caused by the vog?

Comment

It was recommended to me a product called "Vog Relief" by Balance and Harmony. There are places on Oahu and neighbor islands that sell it. Check out their website for info. I've used it, and can't really say that it helped ... but maybe if I'd NOT used it, my vog-reactions would have been even worse. It was recommended to me by a pharmacist, who highly touted its benefits.
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                          X