Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hydrogen Peroxicide

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    You can also peroxide your hair if you're in a punk band.
    Hmmm. Can I use it to disquise my black cat as a skunk?
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: Hydrogen Peroxcide

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      An old joke.
      Of course he was a good old guy

but he will be no more

What he thought was a drink of H2O was H2SO4 (Sulphuric acid )- an even older joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        Hmmm. Can I use it to disquise my black cat as a skunk?
        We'll be expecting pictures.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
          We'll be expecting pictures.
          Including ones of the stitches you get in the E.R., of course, knowing what the cat's reaction to such an experiment is likely to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Including ones of the stitches you get in the E.R., of course, knowing what the cat's reaction to such an experiment is likely to be.

No Thanks ! Cats make my trigger finger itchy.

Comment

Re: Hydrogen Peroxcide

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              As with most bug bites in the night, I had no idea until I woke up to see the big red spot above my knee, which commenced to enlarge and look more and more threatening the next coupla day's with plenty of 'touch it' pain and general sore/achiness throughout the thigh, and swelling of legs. Must have been a big sucker too, the wound is large enuf to hold a silver dollar. Most I've seen are only about the size of a dime when they finish necrotizing.
              No shooting red lines or necrosy, so I stayed out of the E-ward and it's finally started mellowing out after 3 angry weeks.

Probably gonna leave an ugly nickle sized crater scar unless the bod pulls off another miracle.

Willy better hope he don't get one of these!
              After the fever subsides, try climb a wall or shoot something from your wrist. If I see a strange clad figure swinging around town, I'll know who you are...

Comment

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide

Never did get a fever, which seems rather odd now, or even a headache, let alone the urge to get crawly...
                Today the swelling is almost 100% gone and legs are worth a million $ again.
                That was three annoying weeks, and this thing is still far from healed over.
                Used up my whole new supply of bacitracin and big band-aids, of which I found I'm allergic to, but am good with Curad, which are way cheaper and stick almost as well.

Nighty nite, don't let the wolf spiders bite!
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

My dentist said not to use H202 as mouth wash because it leaches out the calcium from your teeth and weakens them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                    My dentist said not to use H202 as mouth wash because it leaches out the calcium from your teeth and weakens them.
                    I work for a dentist, and he says the same--Lots of people think they are encouraging healing by swishing with H2O2 after an extraction or something like that. But he tells them no--good ol' warm salt water is VERY healing. A small amt. of salt to warm (not hot) water is great for healing.

One patient complained that her body couldn't handle that much salt...turns out she thought he said to DRINK it!! Oh my Lord!! (Now that she is done with the dentist, she needs to have her ears checked!! )

Comment

A former girlfriend's mom was a periodontist. And she said vodka works well as a mouthwash. She was considering selling a product called "Swish n' Swallow". But that would have to get past the BATF, first.

Comment

When my sisters and I were teething, my mom would rub a tiny, tiny amount of vodka on our gums to numb the pain. Worked much better than whatever overpriced gel they have on the market now.

Once my dad came home from work when my oldest sister was first teething and saw both my mom and my sister sleeping on the couch (both exhausted from a day of crying of teething)...and a bottle of vodka on the table. (My mother doesn't drink and never has, which makes this funny in our family lore) That sister is now almost 40 and my dad still teases my mom about that.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

So, how many of you turned out to be alcoholics...
                          I'll bet your grade school teachers always wondered why you stumbled into class.

Comment

I am a bit concerned with mass extermination of germs in the mouth. Doctors have figured out that you should not use antiseptic soap on your skin because there is a natural balance of germs there, where harmless germs keep harmful germs in check naturally. Regular soap to clean up, but not antiseptic is what they recommend. So if that applies to the skin, it seems reasonable it would apply in the mouth, too. Brush to keep your mouth clean, but maybe its better to avoid antiseptic type mouth washes to keep the natural balance of harmless against harmful germs. And a dentist did tell me once that one reason why adult usually get less decay than kids is that by the time you are an adult a natural balance of germs has developed in your mouth. We need some germs, they have an important place in our health.

Comment

Surly - Thanks for the GREAT smile and laugh! Made my day!
                              K.
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                                I am a bit concerned with mass extermination of germs in the mouth. Doctors have figured out that you should not use antiseptic soap on your skin because there is a natural balance of germs there, where harmless germs keep harmful germs in check naturally. Regular soap to clean up, but not antiseptic is what they recommend. So if that applies to the skin, it seems reasonable it would apply in the mouth, too. Brush to keep your mouth clean, but maybe its better to avoid antiseptic type mouth washes to keep the natural balance of harmless against harmful germs. And a dentist did tell me once that one reason why adult usually get less decay than kids is that by the time you are an adult a natural balance of germs has developed in your mouth. We need some germs, they have an important place in our health.
                                Interesting theory. On the other hand, grownups brush better, floss more often, and don't eat as much candy. I never had cavities until my late twenties. I haven't had any for over 10 years, cuz I floss more and don't consume soda and sugary stuff anymore. Cavities are from acid, not germs right?

Comment

Working...
                                X