Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Date Places

Hello Everybody

I am finally giving myself a mini-stay out of Molokai and I get to meet this awesome girl I met online. So I need your help. First date places.

I'm thinking a nice casual but fun restaurant with fun food. Followed by a walk after to a nice dessert place or a bar with delicious drinks. Followed by more walking. And maybe an oppurtunity to buy her a flower from a street vendor in the middle of all this walking.

Any recommendations? Oh, and I more then likely won't have a car
    Last edited by ItsJoey; October 19, 2013, 05:03 PM. Reason: misspelling

Re: First Date Places

Where are you going to be?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Where are you going to be?
      Oh yea, that information would be important to provide.

I will be on Oahu. More then likely in the Waikiki area

Comment

Hard to give a recommendation when one doesn't know the eating preferences or limitations of the people involved. An example would be is recommending a seafood restaurant but it turns out that one of you is allergic to shellfish.

That being the case one area to suggest is the 4th floor of Ala Moana Shopping Center next to Macys also known as the Ho'okipa Terrace. There are several restaurants in the area including Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co, California Pizza Kitchen, Islands Fine Burgers & Drinks, Ruby Tuesday, and Romano's Macaroni Grill. There are other restaurants in the area but the five listed are in the medium price range (about $16 to $30 per entrée), have bars in them and desserts as well. Also Bubba Gumps and Islands Fine Burgers have optional outside areas.

Two drawbacks to this area are 1) I am not aware of any place in the shopping center that would sell a flower and 2) Its Ala Moana Shopping Center, there is nothing majorly wrong about the place but there might be some long time locals who think the place lost its charm to the local people.

Another place to consider if going to movie is part of the gathering is the Ward Centers. Two places to eat there are Dave & Buster's and Big City Diners but there are others places to eat as well. I still don't know about purchasing a flower there.

And if going to Dairy Queen is the place to go to have the dessert both Ala Moana Shopping Center and Ward Center do have a shoppe at those shopping centers, granted they might be hidden from general view, but they are there.
        Last edited by helen; October 20, 2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

It'd be kinda hard to beat an evening at the Halekulani Hotel's beachfront House Without A Key, especially on a Fri. or Sat. evening for drinks, a sunset, and the Hiram Olsen Trio with '73 Miss Hawaii Kanoe Miller back in hula form. Trust me, but don't trust the internet.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Here's a set of recommendations...

50 Great Dates (Honolulu Magazine)
            http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Hono...s-in-Honolulu/

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              Here's a set of recommendations...

50 Great Dates (Honolulu Magazine)
              http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Hono...s-in-Honolulu/