Anyone have a home remedy for Gout?????
    I know everyone is different, but.....
    How about a list of foods to avoid?????

Re: Gout?

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Anyone have a home remedy for Gout?????
    I know everyone is different, but.....
    How about a list of foods to avoid?????
    Pork, and Shell fish foa me. It's called the pua man's rich disease cause of the expensive food when you get an attack. The attack is SORE! I SCREAM realllly LOUD! No can walk. No can do nuttin foa days. It's all about good diet. I haven't had one long time.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Diet might help (cut out alcohol, red meat, shellfish, organ meats like liver, asparagus, etc.). But quite often, as was the case with me, it was my body that was doing the damage; it wasn't processing uric acid efficiently, resulting in excess uric acid. So in that case, diet really doesn't matter. Medication might help. It did with me, but everyone is different.

After I first had a gout attack, I essentially became a teetotaler and vegetarian for nine months. That was tough. But the attacks continued, and my uric acid count remained high. So then I began a drug treatment. My uric acid count dropped dramatically, my attacks stopped immediately (haven't had an attack in over 15 years), and I had no side effects. My doctor said that this doesn't work for everyone, but for me it was extremely effective. I could then eat and drink anything.

Unfortunately, now I have to watch out for high cholesterol! You just can't win.
      Last edited by Honoruru; August 19, 2009, 08:17 AM. Reason: more details

Comment

Baking soda, a teaspoon in a beverage helps. Also, Strawberries help alleviate the symptoms.
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

I've had gout around 3 or 4 times. Hurts like s_it! It's a bragging point for men who debate with women concerning childbirth sufferings.

A lot of people swear by drinking black cherry juice, which is sold in health food places, like Huckleberry Farm or Down to Earth. They also sell it in concentrated form, which you add like a tablespoon to 8 oz. water. I've tried it a few times and kind of like it.

The other thing you can do is shoot yourself in the head...!

Comment

Go get a prescription for the anti-inflammatory Indomethacin. About $15. For me, it's a magic bullet for gout. I know people for whom it doesn't work, but it sure breaks up those crystals for me.

I went on a strict fruit diet for two months when I first had a gout attack and lost 35 lbs, which I've kept off ever since (1983).
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
              A lot of people swear by drinking black cherry juice, which is sold in health food places, like Huckleberry Farm or Down to Earth.
              Another recommended food is sour cherries (the canned version they use in cherry pies), or just eat a lot of cherry pies.

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
              Go get a prescription for the anti-inflammatory Indomethacin.
              I used that (and I still have a supply). And it works! But that was during the period when I was a vegetarian/teetotaler and it kept coming back, coming back, coming back ...

I think the bottom line is that everyone (and every remedy) is different. This is the thing about gout that amazes me. It is one of the oldest of physical ailments, but as yet there is no definitive cure or preventative measure. Just do what you can and hope that it works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                The other thing you can do is shoot yourself in the head...!
                That IS cheaper in the long run for a lot of reasons, but VERY messy.
                Da "gouch" not worth it. And Indocin tear up your tummy so be careful with that.

p.s. Auntie, is that you????

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                  And Indocin tear up your tummy so be careful with that.

p.s. Auntie, is that you????
                  Yes. Indocin the only medicine that takes away the pain but messes up the kidney. Damn if you do and damn if you don't.

Yes. It's ME.

I'm hoping someone see's my pic and discovers my beauty foa a commercial. hint hint. ha ha ha Fit's my profile perfect, don't ya think? LOL
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This happens a lot >>> I reply to threads and it doesnt go through. What is the matter ?

I send a doctors recemondation on Gout and it isn't even posted !

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    Yes. Indocin the only medicine that takes away the pain but messes up the kidney. Damn if you do and damn if you don't.

Love you anyway. We send kisses in England is that allowed there XXX

Comment

I liked your smooch, Lynn! Very inventive!

Comment

Working...
                      X