KHON messes up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHON messes up

What's the problem at KHON news? They cannot even get past the first 5 minutes into their newcast, with a story about the officer killed in the traffic accident, without the station screwing up and breaking into a commercial mid-story.

Too much dependence on technology? Not enough "human over site"? Auwe!
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: KHON messes up

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    What's the problem at KHON news? They cannot even get past the first 5 minutes into their newcast ... without the station screwing up and breaking into a commercial mid-story.

Too much dependence on technology? Not enough "human over site"? Auwe!
    I would blame it on the automated ‘Ignite™’ system briefly discussed and incorrectly identified as “Incite” by MediaGuy. The system was introduced by Montecito Broadcasting when it assumed management of KHON after SJL Broadcast Group acquired KHON from Emmis.

You would do well to review this thread, which dissects the issues involved in much greater detail.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

I notice that KHON often forgets to change the aspect ration of their HD broadcast.
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

And why does the audio of the last 3 or 4 seconds of almost every ad on KHON repeat itself? It's been doing that for maybe a year or more.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          And why does the audio of the last 3 or 4 seconds of almost every ad on KHON repeat itself? It's been doing that for maybe a year or more.
          I didn't noticed they repeat themselves...repeat themselves DOH!!!
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
          X