"Person of Interest" on CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Person of Interest" on CBS

My first impression while watching the ads promoting the CBS series Person of Interest makes a hint that it seems like a cross between Lost and AMC's The Prisoner.

After watching an episode its seems that is has elements of The Saint, Burn Notice and of course Lost (a machine making a list of numbers).

I have to admit that the first episode was kind of fast paced.

The premise of the series is that the Michael Emerson character made a machine for the government that will keep track of all sorts of data for the purposes of preventing a 9/11 type of attack. This machine keeps two kinds of lists, one that contains relevant data that gets forward to the government agencies while the other is irrelevant data that is more or less gets purged every day. Before the purge the machine send one Social Security Number of a person that be involved in some kind of small scale but violent crime. Thing is no one knows if this person is the victim or the criminal.

Its up to the James Caviezel character to find out how this person fits in.

Re: "Person of Interest" on CBS

I didn't watch this show but according to a few of my FB friends who did...none will be watching the 2nd episode. Did you feel it was that bad, Helen?

Comment

The only new show I like so far is "Prime Suspect"
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

"First shows" are often crammed full of stuff setting the stage for the remainder of the season (sometimes to the disadvantage of viewers who miss the initial episode).

I watched episode one last night on DVR (it did seem a little dense, and some things asked for a suspension of reality beyond reasonable), and plan to give the show another couple of weeks to settle.

By the way, was there an explanation for Michael Emerson's limp and apparently irritated left eye? Appeared as though he'd been through an ordeal as yet unspecified. Or maybe I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been.

Comment

I think we are expected to "suspend belief" a bit - the show is produced by JJ Abrams after all! and no, I didn't see any explanation for the limp or the eye - maybe its just to make his character look interesting, not for any story lines. or it will be explained later. I enjoyed the show and will keep watching.

as for the new season of shows - I've already found 2 that I probably won't watch again, at least not on a regular basis. and I did like Prime Suspect too.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Did notice the limp but not the eye. Finch (the Michael Emerson character) did say that the world thinks he is dead. Maybe the limp was due to some accident that almost killed him.

Comment

Watched tonight in a different time zone - better show, characters developing; more backstory.

Emerson/Finch appears to have not only a limp, but also a back/neck problem - and, yes, I'm sure it will be explained at some point. He sure is spooky-lookng.

Comment

Did anybody recognize the actor who played Finch's boss or coworker in the flashback? He's not listed in the credits. It looked like somebody that was a bad guy in Jericho.

Comment

That was Brett Cullen, he used to be on Lost playing a character that was on the same side as Ben (played by Michael Emerson).

I am kind of wondering was that his bust at the enterance of the building at the end of the episode?

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    I think we are expected to "suspend belief" a bit . . .
                    For belief suspension rating, I'd vote Terra Nova over PoI. Preposterous!
                    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Haven't been watching all of the episodes of the series, just finished watching the latest episode via cbs.com, where the machine spits out 4 numbers and these four people witness a traffic accident.

What is bizzare is that two of the people were kind of obvious to the usual law enforcement agencies since they drove by the accident so their license plates were picked up by the cameras. The other two were walking by the accident no one could id them except for Finch's machine.

Comment

The third season of the series started tonight. It seems that they added another person to the team.

Comment

Last night's episode had 3 of the female characters on a stake-out in a dance club. Best scene was between Carter and Shaw comparing their pistols and Shaw's pistol was something Carter wanted to get but it was unavailable.

Comment

Working...
                          X