"Lost" - Season 6: News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 6: News & Sightings

Driving out to Crouching Lion last night, they were doing a big shoot again at the site in Kualoa by the mac nut farm... and a couple of miles farther on they were also shooting in Kualoa Valley!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Ryan reporting on his own blog that Season 6 will premiere on Waikiki Beach on Saturday, January 30.

Comment

Yep! So far I've heard from a dozen people making special trips, including fans in Spain, London, and Russia, and someone who'll essentially coming straight from Afghanistan. I don't think local tourism officials have a strong sense of how big a draw "LOST" is, at least not the way they think about old "Magnum" or "Hawaii Five-O" fans.

I know a local travel agent, and we're working on a "package" deal for "LOST" fans and possibly a brunch in Waikiki before or after the beach event. It'll be a scene!

Comment

We've now put together the "LOST" travel package I mentioned earlier. We'll be doing a couple of special events and a "LOST" locations tour, wrapped around the beach premiere.

As for fans traveling from out of the country, Mike Gordon at The Honolulu Advertiser did a brief article highlighting a couple that I put in touch with him. It also has official confirmation from local organizers that the beach premiere is actually happening, something of great relief to many that had already made travel arrangements based on early reports.

Also, if you use iTunes, you should grab a couple of freebies that Apple and ABC have made available:

A Journey In Time: A special recap with commentary on the show so far, Seasons 1 through 5.

Original Series Pilot - Part I and Part II (also available in HD!)

Comment

There's been a few different ads running that are promoting the final season of Lost. I like the one that has Willie Nelson singing "Amazing Grace" in the background.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
              KITV 4 News reports tonight that ABC-TV's "LOST" will air on Tuesday nights for this final season.
              Tuesday's now. In a way this is a bummer. Was used to having it on Wednesday nights.

Comment

An article in today's Honolulu Advertiser, the first in a series on "LOST" locations. Quotes some geek who apparently follows the production around.

Test your Oahu street savvy against 'Lost' locations
                The plot of the popular ABC drama has more than its share of riddles wrapped in enigmas, but for Hawai'i residents, an equally rewarding braintwister is guessing where the cameras rolled.

Comment

White house said to be considering two dates for president Obama's State of the Union address - which ALWAYS occurs in prime time - January 26th (which would coincide with the season premiere of American Idol), OR, February 2, which could bump LOST ep 6-1. Let the lobbying begin . . .
                  Last edited by Kimo; January 6, 2010, 02:25 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

I was in Murphy's the other afternoon.
                    A fellow in a "LOST - Season #?" T-shirt at the bar.
                    He was joined by two elderly ladies, one of whom resembled tutusue enough that I asked if she was in the business, and she said no. I explained I thought she might be tutusue.... no.... no one ever heard of her. Oh well.

On the way out I did run into Carl Christiansen, the famous malacologist, and we chatted a bit. So much for making a 'lost' connection. The kid at the bar said he worked on the set, FWIW, but since he wasn't drinking Guinness', I paid him no mind.

K
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                      White house said to be considering two dates for president Obama's State of the Union address - which ALWAYS occurs in prime time - January 26th (which would coincide with the season premiere of American Idol), OR, February 2, which could bump LOST ep 6-1. Let the lobbying begin . . .
                      We would get the speech twice wouldnt we, the live feed and then the prime time airing?

Comment

Carlton Cuse posted to Twitter about an hour ago: "No State of the Union conflict with LOST! We go Feb. 2! In exchange for moving his speech, Damon and I promise to answer ANY questions the President has about LOST."

Comment

From CNN this afternoon - discussed AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS:

“Lost” watchers, all is right with the world again: President Obama will not interrupt the long-awaited episode by giving a national address the same night.

Fear gripped the hearts of fans when it was announced that the president wanted to push back the annual State of the Union address – typically held in late January – to February 2, which everyone should know by now is the premiere of the ABC drama’s final season.

Crazy talk! Doesn’t he know people have been dying to find out what happened to the castaways?

But White House press secretary Robert Gibbs assured viewers Friday he “doesn’t foresee a scenario in which millions of people that hope to finally get some conclusion in ‘Lost’ are preempted by the president.”

The "Lost" news came in response to a question from ABC correspondent Ann Compton at the afternoon press briefing.

The time slot for “Lost” may be secured, but still no word on what day the president will deliver the State of the Union.

Comment

ABC/Disney might do something "Lost" after the end of season 6. They don't really give any precision such as continuation, sequel. So far it would be seem that Carlton Cuse or Damon Lindelof would not be part of it (whatever "it" is).

Comment

AP reports that Season 6 will revisit lots of Season 1 issues - AND that Libby will be back.

Comment

Michael will be back too it seems.
                                Bluemood

Comment

Working...
                                X