Changeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeling

Albert and I saw Changeling at the Ward Theater this morning.

The story is set in Los Angeles in the late 1920's where a woman's son goes missing and after 5 months a young boy claims to be the missing son but the woman does not believe it and tries to convince the LAPD about this.

Re: Changeling

I saw it last night. It's a true story with dramatic license. And, because it really happened it's quite disturbing. I prefer comedies. Changeling does not qualify...at all!

I get bored very easy and was blissfully unaware that this movie was at least 2 1/2 hours long. Once pau, the people I saw it with...a writer, a director and an actor...and I ended up dissecting the movie and had to be kicked out of the theater by the cleaning crew! We were supposed to see Cirque's Saltimbanca but whoever was to leave the comp tickets at the box office forgot to do so! So...we headed to Ward theaters instead!

Actor Jason Butler Harner was amazing as the serial killer, Gordon Northcott...an Oscar performance, afaic! Angelina Jolie's performance has incredible depth altho' it's really hard to concentrate on her character because she's just so gorgeous. I was disappointed in the children's performances. They were great but I feel they were given wrong direction (sorry, Clint!). Locations, props and special effects departments did a great job.

Now, to balance this movie out with a Robin Williams comedy!

Comment

Re: Changeling

One of the best movies I've seen in a decade! Astoundingly true to the period, I could find only two inaccuracies: Wineville (Mira Loma) in 1928 would have been completely surrounded by vineyards, not in the middle of the desert, and nobody would have used the 80's term 'self esteem.'
      Last edited by Mahi Waina; November 2, 2008, 05:14 PM. Reason: mispelled word

Comment

Working...
      X