Vog Evacuations on Big Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vog Evacuations on Big Island

civil defense has posted an evacuation for volcano village and sorrounding areas.....the vog was especially bad in kona yesterday and expected to be worse today.
    the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Re: vog evacuations on big island

It's a voluntary evacuation right now but as the winds are predicted to change tonight, Hawaii County Civil Defense is warning those to evacuate by late this afternoon. Right now it's not bad enough to leave but it will if the winds change course as predicted.

I live down by the ocean in HPP so the ocean breezes are keeping the vog away and up the slope towards Pahoa Highway. But in Hilo it's really bad. In some areas in Downtown Hilo visibility is down to a couple hundred feet.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: Vog Evacuations on Big Island

I live in the forest and woke up to the worst vog I had ever seen in my life. I work by the water's edge and it is much more tolerable here. My breathing is affected.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        I live in the forest and woke up to the worst vog I had ever seen in my life. I work by the water's edge and it is much more tolerable here. My breathing is affected.
        My wife called from her office on Wainuinui street and she's telling me it's starting to clear up a bit.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It did (thank heavens!).

Lovin' the thunder and lightening rolling in. I am always down for a good storm; I will take that any and every day over this morning's vog.

Craig, if you haven't driven up to Jaggar to see the crater at night time, make it a point to take the family and do it.

pax

Comment

Working...
          X