Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Re: Florida Quran burning - 7 die

Wow, this stupid "Florida Quoran Guy" thing is sooo blown out of proportion, its reached new levels!!! To put this in perspective - would any one of you go kill someone, -a fellow, a neighbor, an uncle, a son, a granny, a daughter, a stranger - if you'd seen on youtube, or heard from an accquaintance, that one moron of (insert religion or color) in (insert country here) had burned a copy of the constitution!? I cant imagine that! I hope it never.....!

This whole 'episode' is a perfect example of mass hysteria incited with propaganda! Enough is enough. Everybody leave everybody else alone!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        This whole 'episode' is a perfect example of mass hysteria incited with propaganda!
        I believe that was Frankie's point - that Afghan President Karzai (not acting as a representative of Islam or any religion, but for his own political ends) is responsible for much of the "incitement," and that point is being lost/ignored/swept under the carpet.

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rick-s..._b_843611.html
          This has now gone way beyond reason, way beyond H. Karzai's response to the original deed. This 'church' has plans to further incite violence and danger in Dearborn, next week.

http://www.doveworld.org/contact
          You can actually contact Rev. Terry Jones using this link to the laughably called 'Dove Outreach Center'.
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            Until I did so, nobody mentioned President Karzai in this thread for his role in stirring up, rather than quelling, violence in his country. That's the bottom line.
            Well, let's blame President W too. You didn't mention him. Throw the Pope in there too, since he didn't condemn anything in this matter. I blame everyone who is intolerant and committed to blind zealotry. Now see if your inclusiveness can beat my inclusiveness.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              Well, let's blame President W too. You didn't mention him. Throw the Pope in there too, since he didn't condemn anything in this matter. I blame everyone who is intolerant and committed to blind zealotry. Now see if your inclusiveness can beat my inclusiveness.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
              Damned angels - it's their fault, too! So busy dancin' on pins, can't watch over the holier-than-me folks enough... Bet they dance on needles, too!

HEY!!! YOU ANGELS!!! Yeah, you ones over there! Git away from mah pins, dangit! (Scuse me, I gotta go call the exterminator, or exorcist, or something or other...)

Comment

so we expect more moral behavior from christians and less moral behavior from muslims.? lets blame the killers for killing and the stupids for being stupid. there is no moral equivalence here. I expect christians to denounce the stupid behaviour of jones...and they are.. i expect muslims to decry the actions of their bretheren and they arent... they defend it and blame others.
                the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
                  i expect muslims to decry the actions of their bretheren and they arent... they defend it and blame others.
                  Not true:
                  http://globalgrind.com/news-politics...anistan-photos

From Imam M. Shamsi Ali, head of New York City's 96th Street Mosque (excerpted):

I unequivocally denounce the killings of United Nations workers and innocent Afghanis by those protesting the burning of the Qur’an by the Florida church Pastor, Rev. Terry Jones. --- Standing together with all friends, Jews, Christians, and other people of conscience, I condemn this act of violence and religious fanaticism and want to remind the public that just as Terry Jones who operates under a tiny fringe group, does not represent the teaching of Christianity and the Christian Church, these extremist Muslims do not represent the 1.6 billion adherents of Islam. --- I call upon all Muslim leaders, especially religious leaders, to stand up and voice out their opposition to, and condemnation of, the ignorant acts of some in the name of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
                    lets blame the stupids for being stupid. there is no moral equivalence here.
                    Well, supposedly, you can't yell fire in a crowded(?) theater, or burn a building, and then claim stupidity as a valid defense when innocents are hurt. Isn't there an applicable law there in FLA?
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

The Onion comes through for all ---
                      http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-...ntalist,19947/

Comment

Well, let's blame President W too. You didn't mention him.
                        I guess no one broke the news to you that Bush 43 has been out of office for over 2 years now.

OTOH, Hamid Karzai is an active head of state in the very country where the violence and murders took place.

Throw the Pope in there too, since he didn't condemn anything in this matter.
                        Once again Matapule, you need to catch up with the news.

Terry Jones originally planned to burn the Koran last Sept. 11. Upon hearing that announcement, the Vatican denounced that plan as being "outrageous" in an official statement.

Vatican City, Sep 8, 2010 / 10:29 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Although the charismatic Christian church planning a Koran burning on Sept. 11 only has around 50 members, the spectre of the impact on Muslim relations led the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue to issue a statement today expressing its “great concern” over the plan and stating that “deplorable acts of violence … cannot be counteracted” by burning another religion's sacred book.

The communique from the pontifical council began by noting that the proposed “Koran Burning Day” is scheduled for the anniversary of “the 11 September tragic terrorist attacks in 2001 which resulted in the loss of many innocent lives and considerable material damage.”

Expressing its great concern, the council said, "These deplorable acts of violence, in fact, cannot be counteracted by an outrageous and grave gesture against a book considered sacred by a religious community.”
                        *yawn!* Any more irrelevant people or "been there, done that" developments that you want to hash over?
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                          To put this in perspective - would any one of you go kill someone, -a fellow, a neighbor, an uncle, a son, a granny, a daughter, a stranger - if you'd seen on youtube, or heard from an accquaintance, that one moron of (insert religion or color) in (insert country here) had burned a copy of the constitution!?
                          This brings us full circle to the allegations of brainwashing.
                          Who would do such a thing????? Nobody, unless they were brainwashed to believe that this was the ONLY proper response to such an action.

Whether it is religion, or a military or quasi-military group, or a "social norm," these people were brainwashed to believe that death of supposedly related individuals was the only acceptable response to the actions of a non-Islam kook.

This makes Islamic reactionaries the new kooks.
                          If we follow their example, the only logical path is to kill all Muslims in our area of influence.

We are at war. Not Muslim vs. other, but reactionary Muslims vs. peace. Hold onto your seats boys and girls - this will get worse before it gets better.

K!
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                          X