Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olbermann with Current TV

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Juan Williams is hardly a Liberal and he is not liberal enough for me.
    All of which doesn't preclude the fact that Williams did present dissenting views and opinions on Billo's show.

Time and again, there are moderates and centrists who get into impassioned debates with Bill. It doesn't take guests who are full-blown liberals for sparks to fly on the O'Reilly Factor. Anyone who actually watches the show would know that.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    But if you were trying to show that O'Reilly was willing to tackle guests he disagreed with, Juan Williams is a piss-poor example to use. Rev. Sharpton, fine. Williams, sorry, no; he was a paid Fox News commentator, he was on the same payroll as the host, he could play little games of "not quite with ya there, Bill" - but not an unbiased guest.O'Reilly knew what he was dealing with all the time.
    So we go from an initial, incredulous reaction of Juan Williams presenting contrary POVs on the O'Reilly Factor and revise it to one of Williams and O'Reilly engaging in on-air debates that are choreographed. Interesting.

I readily admit my commentary on cable TV media personalities as being limited to what they say on the air and to take them at face value. That is all that really matters to me. Making omniscient claims about what people are really thinking instead of what they are saying? I gladly leave that role to others who are infinitely more qualified in that area.
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; February 10, 2011, 03:47 PM.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      So we go from an initial, incredulous reaction of Juan Williams presenting contrary POVs on the O'Reilly Factor and revise it to one of Williams and O'Reilly engaging in on-air debates that are choreographed. Interesting.
      No "revision" here. I don't say his POV was "contrary" - you do, and I disagree. I say that O'Reilly knew very well what POV Williams would have, and that he did not represent a dissenting view, as you seem to think he did. Seems pretty clear - but I know you enjoy reinterpretation of what other posters say.

Comment

but I know you enjoy reinterpretation of what other posters say.
        Oh Leo, it is just FM being FM, great god Maui love him. Quit picking on him, it jus' wouldn't be HT without her.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

- but I know you enjoy reinterpretation of what other posters say.
          Oh Leo, it is just FM being FM, great god Maui love him. Quit picking on him, it jus' wouldn't be HT without her.
          I should be clearer. The "wink" was because I have accused FM of this before - and it has become a joke. No ill will meant; I like his posts, value his opinions (even in the occasional disagreement), and appreciate his intellect.

Comment

I like his posts, value his opinions (even in the occasional disagreement), and appreciate his intellect.
            FM is a she. No male would ever be so contrary! Uh oh! Uaifi coming after matapule with war club! Taimi to run for "matapule only" fale!
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

FM is a she.
              I thot we settled that last year. But I forgot, which one?
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I've been under the impression FM is male; if I am in error, I sincerely apologize.

Comment

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/com...the_curre.html

humorous take on his move to Current.
                  the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

I should be clearer. The "wink" was because I have accused FM of this before - and it has become a joke. No ill will meant; I like his posts, value his opinions (even in the occasional disagreement), and appreciate his intellect.
                    Thanks, Leo. I value the things you say that are based on factual evidence as well. The other stuff, well.... No ill will meant, either.

FM is a she. No male would ever be so contrary!
                    Aw, Matapule. On one hand, you declare yourself to be ultra-liberal by earlier stating that left-wing bloggers are "too conservative" for you. And here you are now, making a gender stereotype. Tsk tsk!

As I said earlier, when it comes to carrying on debates and discussion, whether it be on TV or on the net,... I make judgements based on the ideas and factual evidence that a person makes. Things like gender, sexual orientation, nationality, skin color, religion,.... all of it makes no difference to me. I guess this is part of the reason why I take Juan Williams' presence on the O'Reilly Factor at face value. I don't make any preconceived judgments based on his background, his job status, what his critics say about him, etc. etc. Using those kinds of things to prop up one's analysis of his performance as a commentator are a crutch.

As to what Juan Williams (or indeed, any political commentator on TV) is really thinking instead of what they are saying, I'll leave that chore to the folks who want to establish clairvoyant credentials.

As to what gender Frankie's Market is... I suppose that a search into my past postings will reveal it. If you really want to find out, you're gonna have to research it. Until then, the only thing you'll have to judge me on is the content of my postings.

I've been under the impression FM is male; if I am in error, I sincerely apologize.
                    Either way, no apology is needed. Actually, it's a very liberating experience to interact and converse with others with things like gender and race taken out of the equation.
                    Last edited by Frankie's Market; February 11, 2011, 09:50 AM.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.co...eith-olbermann

Keith Olbermann was too witty to appear on a cable channel I never heard of anyway.

Comment

Screw Gore execs, we should just have a whole network devoted to Olbe-TV.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

as regards FM: intelligence and wit are not gender specific. I enjoy reading the postngs that come from this source and personally don't care about the gender of the person posting. Of course, I don't always agree but FM is usually respectful with what is posted and that I do appreciate. Even when I disagree
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...unatic-leftist

Limbaugh vs. Olbermann in the squared circle. Who you got?

Comment

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/keith-o...050000937.html

The Big Show.

Comment

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/8/8/460...alex-rodriguez

Sportscenter is next!

Comment

Working...
                                X