Worst president - Bush or Nixon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst president - Bush or Nixon?

There is growing opinion that Bush was the worst president ever, but here are the facts: Iraq and Afghanistan deaths: 4920 - Vietnam 1969-1973 20,473. Illegal spying: Bush - international phone calls. Nixon - domestic antiwar protesters, John Lennon, etc. Budget deficit: Bush 3.6% of GDP - Nixon 4.0%. Culture wars: Bush - Gay marriage and wall for illegal immigrants. Nixon - rioting in the streets, hard-hats vs. longhairs.

Re: Worst president - Bush or Nixon?

Bush is not even in the bottom 10.

Buchanan, right before Lincoln, set the stage for the bloodiest conflict in the history of the US, the Civil War.

Nixon is pretty bad, def worse than Bush.

What about Pierce, Taylor, Harding, Johnson? All zeros. Shucks, Kennedy is revered in spite of the fact that he brought the US to the teetering brink of Nuclear annihilation (Bay of Pigs)

Bush gets notoriety for the rampant defianism (new word?) of the modern left. It's not nearly as based in fact as it is in emotion, belief, rhetoric, propaganda, and wishful thinking.

Presidential history is one of my favorite subjects.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

In fact...

...he's below the bottom 10.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Mahi Waina View Post
        There is growing opinion that Bush was the worst president ever, but here are the facts: Iraq and Afghanistan deaths: 4920 - Vietnam 1969-1973 20,473. Illegal spying: Bush - international phone calls. Nixon - domestic antiwar protesters, John Lennon, etc. Budget deficit: Bush 3.6% of GDP - Nixon 4.0%. Culture wars: Bush - Gay marriage and wall for illegal immigrants. Nixon - rioting in the streets, hard-hats vs. longhairs.
        Combat deaths in the 21st century are being mitigated through advances in medical technology and body armor. Still, we had so many disabled vets from Iraq that they received sub-standard treatment in Walter Reed at some point.

The hippie movement is all but gone. The ivy league liberals of today wouldn't dare get themselves arrested, as they fear that their future prospective employers will not give them a chance as a result. Their parents were far braver and more pro-active.

As for the spying, who knows what they do? This is the least transparent administration.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in my own humble opinon, i think GHWB and GWB did great and at that time with nixon,i was still young and didnt hear to much on him except for watergate and i also think clinton and carter werent choir boy's is they didnt do what everyone thought they could do and clinton was impeached which made me smile.i thought since clinton did kidnap elian gonzale's who's mom wanted him to live in america and passed on for it,it look's like that's one reason he was impeached.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Sansi, Elian Gonzalez didn't have a darned thing to do with Clinton's impeachment. It did have a lot to do with Gore losing any support with the Cuban community during his run for Pres...but nothing at all to do with the impeachment.

Clinton got impeached for lying under oath to the court about his sexual antics. If he had said "Yeah I did it...that's for me and my wife to deal with so bugger off." There would have been no grounds for impeachment proceedings.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              The hippie movement is all but gone. Their parents were far braver and more pro-active..
              Thank you for that.........but hardly gone.

It depends on the criteria used when determining the relative effectiveness of the Presidents. In my opinion, according to the criteria I use, Reagan was the worst President. But then again, as Sarah Palin says, "the world does not revolve around you, matapule."
              Last edited by matapule; January 10, 2009, 09:08 AM.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                Thank you for that.........but hardly gone.
                I'm happy to hear it still exists! I'll be even happier if it ever rebounds to the popularity of the 60's. I hope they make hybrid VW Microbuses by that time. I'm overdue for a change.

Comment

sansei, you've already forgotten the wise and immortal words passed onto you from the not so distant past by another forum member - SDFU!
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                    I hope they make hybrid VW Microbuses
                    Currently, the Prius is the VW bus of yore.......ugly but efficient. Yes, I drove a VW bug during my "formative" years. Looking to purchase a new redesign of the Prius in 2009.

But, back on topic, who was the best mediocre President? Maybe Eisenhower or Ford or Carter?
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Mahi Waina View Post
                      Iraq and Afghanistan deaths: 4920 - Vietnam 1969-1973 20,473.
                      Nixon inherited Vietman from Johnson and Kennedy. Also in the Vietnam conflict the other side had access to more weapons.

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      But, back on topic, who was the best mediocre President? Maybe Eisenhower or Ford or Carter?
                      No your not, you are changing the question and the flow of the topic, you should create another thread based on that question.

Comment

I'm not sure who was the worst president but I do think Bush did a very dangerous thing by establishing his Doctrine of preemptively attacking another country especially since we have not been able to find the wmd we alleged were the mainstay cause of what we did. It opens the door for other countries to preemptively attack us and then claiming legitimacy because we did the same thing.

Comment

in terms of the constitution, which presidents are sworn to uphold and defend, bush has done the most damage. he rendered irrelevant the writ of habeas corpus, which has been an integral tenet of western law tradition for centuries.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                            Nixon inherited Vietman from Johnson and Kennedy. Also in the Vietnam conflict the other side had access to more weapons.=

Nixon prolongued the war to end it right before reelection, abandoned our allies and illegaly expanded into Laos and Cambodia.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                              clinton was impeached which made me smile.
                              Clinton was impeached for getting a little something something that would make most guys smile too. Charles Barkley would go over the speed limit to get some of that.
                              As for the worst US president, You would have to go back to the data of first president to see who was the worst in the White House bedroom. I think splinters was a problem then.

Comment

Working...
                              X