San Andreas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Andreas

The movie San Andreas opened on Friday May 29, 2015.

Re: San Andreas

Good special effects. Lots of toppled buildings and falling bridges/roadways, and admirably done without an overload of gore. The worst part of this movie was the sappy sweet story line. And, to not be distracted by the fact that the "hero" focused on ME ME ME (as in, "I must save MY family"), regardless of who else was left in the dust. Although there were a few token extensions of his heroism to others in need.

I'd recommend seeing it in 3D, since the earthquake stuff is more impressive that way. Just the story alone is not enough to qualify it as a good movie, but the special effects are interesting so bring it up to a worthwhile film, if you are in the mood for a disaster movie.

The preview of the new Jurassic Park movie was shown, in 3D. If the preview is an indication, that will be a great 3D visual!
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Saw the 2-d version of this movie at the Ward Theater on early Tuesday night (6/2/15) which was showing in their medium size theaters. I sat in the front section which happened to almost fill out just when the previews started.

As far the movie goes there were some strange stuff that defied geo-physics like only one tsunami wave hitting San Francisco and the water level remaining high for quite a while in the movie.

Or at the very beginning of the movie where the girl is driving her car and she manages not to get into an accident while looking for things in her purse or using the smartphone but manages to have her car go off a cliff while a landslide happens around her and then her and the car are stuck on a ledge until a rescue helicopter flown by Ray (who is the main character) comes to pick her up (with a TV news crew on board).

I liked the storyline of Ray's daughter Blake in San Francisco encountering the two brothers Ben and Ollie with the three of them sticking together during the movie. Each of them contributed in their own way elements of survival for their group.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        The preview of the new Jurassic Park movie was shown, in 3D. If the preview is an indication, that will be a great 3D visual!
        UPDATE: I was wrong. Jurassic World is way less of a 3D visual adventure than what I'd expected from the previews.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
        X