Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HawaiiThreads' 8th Anniversary - Join us on Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawaiiThreads' 8th Anniversary - Join us on Sunday!

Time flies when you're having fun. And when you're still checking in on an old-school message board long after the social web has largely migrated to Facebook and Twitter (and Pinterest and Tumblr and...). This month, HawaiiThreads.com starts hosting its ninth year of island talkstory... and as has been the case for the past four years, I invite you to mark the occasion at a potluck picnic at Magic Island.

The Hawaii Geek Meet takes place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Picnic Area 40 on Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach Park on Sunday, April 15. And as always, it will draw a remarkable mix of technical, creative, curious people.

Yes, there will be telescopes, there will be Storm Troopers, there will be knights in shining armor and a wide range of interesting gadgets, tools, and toys. There will be teachers and coders and designers and entrepreneurs. Of course Helen has always been pivotal in securing the permit. It's not a Geek Meet or HT picnic without Auntie Pupule and some of her epic grinds. A lot of the people who are coming are old-school HT members that have drifted away. And a lot more of the people will be new, friendly faces.

I hope you can join us!

Re: HawaiiThreads' 8th Anniversary - Join us on Sunday!

Cool I actually have a car for the weekend! First the Kualoa Canoe event on Saturday and then down for Da Geek Meet on Sunday!

Now just to convince Mrs. Menehune, Mom, Don and Goldie to come along...
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Awesome! It'd be great to hang out and talkstory with you again. It's been too long (apart from random encounters at Bishop Museum)! I know there will be a couple of other geocachers there, so if you've got any tips to share or gadgets to show off, make sure you bring them!

Comment

We had a great time this morning at the GEEK MEET!
        Thanks to Pzarquon and all the exhibitors. Loved everything...

Checking out the sun and talking with the UH astronomy grad students.
        I shared the goings on at the Bishop Museum Planetarium too.

The old weaponry and helmets were cool and they shared the history well.

The legos Aloha Tower was a hit! Of course you can never go wrong with the 'Ghost Busters'! So much fun...

Flickr set of Geek Meet 2012 and Pali Lookout
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Awesome!

the Ghost Busters are awesome!
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

MM, your pitchers brought back many fond memories of me and Palama Mama at previous HT get-togethers at Magic Island / Kakaako Park. Thank you.

Loved the lego Aloha Tower !!!
            Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Mbula!!!!!!
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
              X