"Falling Skies" on TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Falling Skies" on TNT

A new scifi series called Falling Skies will start airing on the TNT channel on Sunday June 19, 2011 at 6:00 pm HST.

The series is about the aftermath of an alien invasion. Haven't seen any previews but then again I haven't tuned in to TNT yet. While the episodes are an hour long, the first airing will be 2 hours long.

Re: "Falling Skies" on TNT

TNT tends to air the episodes multiple times during the week, so if one missed the initial airing on Sundays at 7pm HST there will be other opportunities.

So far the series centers around a group of people around the Boston area and its been six months after an alien invasion hits the Earth, leaving most of the professional miltary wiped out, what's left are reservists and national guard people and weapons to take up the fight.

What is strange so far is that the aliens are these six legged creatures but they employ 2 legged armed robots, with captured children with some kind of life form connected to their back as slave labor.
    Last edited by helen; June 28, 2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I watched the "Pilot" episode. Found it hard to follow the plot & characters stories. I probably won't watch the series. and I happen to really like Sci-fy.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Caught the 2nd show of the series without watching the first. Was relatively easy to pick up on the story. Haven't made up my mind if I will continue to watch this.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The aliens in this series that the characters refer to as skitters, have 6 legs, 2 arms and a head with 2 eyes and a mouth. These skitters are physically stronger than a human, able to jump high enough to start walking on ceilings. They seem to have the natural ability to generate a weak radio signal but they are never shown to wield any sort of tools.

So far no reason why they only enslave teenage children and not other humans.
          Last edited by helen; July 19, 2011, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Helen. You da bomb!

I watched the first 2-hour session, and thought it was a war movie with aliens instead of humans, and dumped. I can't find anything to hold my interest - yet.
            I'll tune in from time to time and se if it changes; so far NO GO.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I also watched the first two hours, but it just didn't grab me, for some reason. I'll try to watch other episodes and see if it gets better.

Comment

Today's episode shows that the Skitters answer to another race of tall bipedal beings who have been inside those structures that have built around Boston.

Next Sunday there will be a 2 hour season finale.

Comment

Last week was the season finale of this series. Word has that it next season will be shown in June of 2012.

My thoughts about this series:
                  1. It gives the "What If?" premise that what if humans had lost during the movie Independence Day.
                  2. Hard to say which is more far feteched, that aliens from another world have come here enslaving teenagers or that in 21st century America that there is a high school with access to tube style radios and working 16mm file protectors (with film too).
                  3. Since the main character was a miltary history professor before the invasion there is always a short history lesson in each episode.
                  4. No idea how bad the invasion was, as in is there anyone out there growing food or pumping oil or mining stuff?
                  5. Or for that matter if the communication or GPS satellite system is still out there?

Comment

I've heard the first season was stronger in the middle than it was at the beginning, but never caught an episode. I'm definitely happy to see sci-fi sustained as a somewhat mainstream genre, even if not all entries are spectacular.

There's a podcast devoted to "Falling Skies" called "Falling Skies Cast," and my wife and I had its host as a guest on our podcast last week. He talked a bit about what he liked about the series.

Comment

A new season of Falling Skies starts on June 17. No idea when it starts but according to its Wikipeda entry two episodes will air on that day.

I haven't been to the stores yet but the 1st season DVD is supposed to be out today.

Comment

Saw a promo on TNT tonight that showed Terry O'Quinn (Locke from Lost, Joe White in Hawaii Five-0) in it.

Comment

According to the Oceanic Digital Cable Guide, Falling Skies airs at 6pm with two different episodes and will repeat at 8:01 pm on Sunday (6/17/12). All times are HST (Hawaii Standard Time).

Comment

Last week's epsiodes had shown that 3 months had past between the end of the 1st season and the start of this season. During that time Tom (Noah Wyle's character) gets dropped off in Michigan by the aliens and makes his way back to Massachusetts.

Comment

This second season is getting kind of interesting. One storyline is about the alien themselves having a rebellion within their ranks and the folks of the 2nd Mass seemed to be caught in the middle of this.

Also noticed that most of this season I don't remember any type of military history point being imparted by Tom or anyone else, except for tonight's epsiode where Ben makes a mention that 15 year olds fought in the American Revolutionary War.

Next week is a marathon of previous episodes, a new episode airs two weeks from now.

Comment

Working...
                              X