X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who Should Be Obama’s VP?

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    You forgot to comment.
    I’ve given my reasons for Bill Richardson in the other thread, but just to summarize with a top 5 list:
    1. He’s a fluent Latino border-state governor, who will win those states plus Florida for Obama
    2. He has served as a U.S. Congressman, U.N. Ambassador, and U.S. Secretary of Energy (his DOE tenure is a story in itself)
    3. He successfully negotiated the release of two American hostages through one-on-one negotiations with Saddam Hussein
    4. He successfully negotiated the release of an American journalist being held in Sudan
    5. The Cato Institute has consistently rated him one of the most fiscally responsible Governors in the nation

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Yup Leo, Dems did not pick Edwards last time for the exact same reason that Obama and Clinton were the best they could do this time around.

Liberal political philosophy of the modern era is trapped in suicidal tendencies. Efforts to lose are subliminally promoted by the desire to wring hands. Without the mental anguish of loss or disappointment, Dems quickly lose sight of objectives.

When your vision of yourself is clouded in utopianism, you seldom see the facts.

PS - I plan to spend the evening hours learning about Ms. Sebelius
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        No apology needed. But I have to disagree that Presidents, Governors, Mayors... or even university presidents necessarily have that experience. Most, if not all of them rely on their budget or managing director (the equivalent of a CFO in the business world) to balance the budget.
        I wasn't acutely aware of how they use the budget or managing director, thanks for explaining that! Although I do believe someone needs to have a decent working knowledge of budgets so the person who was delegated that responsibility doesn't lead us down the wrong path, and we have another "You're doing a swell job, Brownie!" episode. Of course, we could say that about every aspect of managing the country, so I suppose the simple ability to headhunt and find good people trumps most things.

At least if we go by your definition, we’ve narrowed down the eligible candidates to the handful of governors under consideration.
        That, or qualified university presidents -- who will be the next Woodrow Wilson? Now that would be a wild choice from left field!

Comment

Who should be Obama's VP?

Mufi Hanneman.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Chose Hillary.. I think, she know what she doing and hopefully can make a bettery America, like help keep the gas prices down.

Comment

Originally posted by Likeke View Post
              Chose Hillary.. I think, she know what she doing and hopefully can make a bettery America, like help keep the gas prices down.
              That and Bill can show Barack some of his favorite strip clubs hidden from Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                Clinton virtually guarantees a McCain win, according to every poll you can find.
                Hmmm...today’s Wall Street Journal appears to disagree with you on this point. Columnist Lanny Davis gives us the breakdown:
                In late June, polls conducted by The Wall Street Journal/NBC and Fox/Opinion Dynamics — using entirely different samples — both showed Sen. Clinton giving Sen. Obama a +3% bump, pushing him over 51% for the first time, when the two of them were paired against Sen. McCain and Gov. Romney.

Most recently, in nationwide polling on July 22-23, a Fox/Opinion Dynamics poll showed a more dramatic bump of +8% with Sen. Clinton as Sen. Obama’s vice presidential running mate. In a head-on match, it was Sen. Obama 41% to Sen. McCain’s 40% (this was before the intense media coverage of his European trip). But with exactly the same sample, when all voters were presented with the choice of an Obama-Clinton ticket vs. McCain-Romney, the results were Obama-Clinton, 48% (+7%), and McCain-Romney 39% (-1%).

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

The Obama-Clinton ticket might guarantee a win in November, but I doubt it would be good for the presidency for two alphas butting head in the administration.

I don't see Hillary Clinton being second-best, even if it helps the Democrats occupy the White House.

Comment

Ralph Nader, so he won't take away votes from the Democratic candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      Columnist Lanny Davis gives us the breakdown:
                      When it comes to the Clintons, Lanny Davis doesn't exactly provide the most objective analysis. He's as blindly loyal to Hillary as James Carville is.

The single, fatal obstacle towards an Obama/Clinton ticket remains Bill Clinton. The poll numbers that Lanny pulls out are the results of people providing an immediate response to a "dream ticket" scenario. But should Obama actually pick Hillary as his running mate, they would have to deal with several hard realities. This would include a total vetting of the Clinton finances, as well as the WJC Foundation and the Library. (Are they willing to provide the list of donors?) And of course, there's Bill himself. As shown during Hillary's unsuccessful run, he can be both an asset and a liability as a surrogate on the campaign trail.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

With Hillary on the ticket, all it would take to open a shooting gallery at them would be some rumoured scandal. This would allow the Straight Talk Express to go further off the rails than they have already decided is now OK, ignoring McCave's promise to be above the typical style of dirty campaigning.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Joe Biden is my choice, but any VP candidate that would assure a DEM victory and get this country out of the REP funk.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I think Ludacris would be a good choice.

FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

John Edwards admits to extra marital affair, denies fathering the child

(CNN) -- Former U.S. senator and Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards admitted to an extramarital affair in an interview with ABC News, the network reported Friday. He denied being the father of the woman's child, as had been alleged in tabloid reports.

Speaking to the network for a story to be aired Friday night, Edwards acknowledged the affair with 42-year-old Rielle Hunter, which began after she was hired to make documentary videos for his campaign, ABC said.
                              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                              We're not here to mess around
                              Boston, you know we love you madly
                              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                              You know we couldn't live without you
                              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Oh! My!!

Hala!!

Simbaco...whack whack!
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X