Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ABC TV "Off the Map"

I had it on DVR and finally watched it.
    I agree that it was too gruesome. I grew up in a medical family and, combined with my own search and rescue work, I've seen more than enough blood and guts.
    I also agree that the staff on OTM is unrealistic, all of them being young and cute, etc. I've never been a fan of any of the medical TV shows, and this one joins the list. I only watched it because of the Hawaii connection and I don't expect to watch it again.
    I laughed at parts of it. They're supposed to be in an extemely isolated area and where they can't get supplies, but there was one scene where they were looking out at the ocean and I saw two sailboats going by, and another ocean scene later on where I saw a Young Brothers barge going by!!!
    Two other scenes showed Diamond Head.
    I also wasn't happy about two separate scenes where they leaped off the high cliffs into the ocean. I think some viewers may follow that example, and not realize that it's absolutely critical to check first and make sure there are no underwater rocks in the area they're jumping into. And in the second one they jumped in as the wave was going out, not in. Stupid.
    One question -- why is this thread in the Hawaii TV section instead of the general TV section? Just curious.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      One question -- why is this thread in the Hawaii TV section instead of the general TV section? Just curious.
      Because like LOST which was a show not about Hawaii but filmed in Hawaii, this show is just like that. Same network too. Bottom line - show is made in Hawaii, it is here.

The thread could become two, one for episode discussion, another for sightings, if the program becomes successful. So far with the limited discussion this one thread will suffice. Discuss storylines, characters, actors, behind the scenes people, news, ratings, etc. I think the jury is still out whether or not this will survive one season.

The ratings are so-so into the second (or third?) week of the series.

Off The Map

- 5.788 million viewers
      - 3.6/6 HH
      - 2.1/6 A18-49

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...=Google+Reader
      Last edited by mel; January 22, 2011, 05:52 AM.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I applied online and was told to come for an interview at their Diamond Head location. I arrived and was sent with a group to the back building where a long line of other hopefuls stood. We were told to fill out forms. I had my "Profile/Picture" ready to give to my interviewer. The line went fast. The woman asked me a few questions and took a picture. She told me "if we need you, we'll call you." I felt sad leaving.

That was three weeks ago. Last week, I recieved a call asking if I would be available to work for Off The Map on Tuesday? I screamed and yelled "YES!!!!"

Arriving at location on time is very important. Meals are provided. And when I say meals, it is MEALS!! Everyone is called and given vouchers to go to wardrode. From there we were transported to location. Upon arrival, we went to props. I was given a basket. We were given directions for the scene. Between takes and filming, we got to know our fellow extras.

On one scene, I ran take after take. I swear, I lost five pounds. LOL Having Mr. James Nakamoto as a Drama Coach in High School was a plus for me. The hardest part was driving back home at 12:30 p.m.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Awesome Auntie!! I can't wait to see you on tv!!
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Happy you got your 15 seconds of OTM fame, Auntie. Here's to many more opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
              Awesome Auntie!! I can't wait to see you on tv!!
              You gave me information that made me comfortable and I knew what to expect. Mahalo!!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Happy you got your 15 seconds of OTM fame, Auntie. Here's to many more opportunities.
              It was a awesome experience. I played a farmer. Correction: I came home at 12:30 a.m. Mahalo, Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                You gave me information that made me comfortable and I knew what to expect. Mahalo!!
                Oh, Auntie, thanks so much, Im so happy to hear that some of my ramblings actually help people!! I loooove my actors so much!

Im excited for you, Farmer Auntie! The more you work on sets, the more you'll wanna!
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  [...] It was a awesome experience. I played a farmer. Correction: I came home at 12:30 a.m. Mahalo, Auntie Lynn
                  That's more like it! I thought it a bit strange that you got home at 12:30Pm! Welcome to the world of production. It'll mess with your days, your nights and everything in between!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    That's more like it! I thought it a bit strange that you got home at 12:30Pm! Welcome to the world of production. It'll mess with your days, your nights and everything in between!
                    heheheh

Too funny.

My picture as a Farmer.
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 28, 2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Well this would be a good reason for me to eventually watch this show. iTunes is giving away the first episode... I downloaded it but haven't watched.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Here's onnada picture in the field.
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; December 28, 2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

With nary a discussion on this board in weeks about "Off the Map" it is not surprising that ABC cancelled the show last week. Viewership was low.

So will "Hawaii Five-0" move into the studio facilities at Diamond Head?
                          (assuming CBS renews which is 99% certain).
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                          X