Menehune Man's New Ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Menehune Man's New Ride!

Very cool, MM. That also speaks to the kind of guy you are.

Comment

Nice for you, Jeff. Aloha in action.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
        "How cool is that?" Not very. It means your coworkers are deeply concerned (a good thing?) and troubled (a bad thing!) by your loss. I find it difficult to believe you find this issue sufficiently important to trouble others to that extent. Good luck with that, MM.
        I'm in this a bit late, but I feel I must put in my two cents:

I was the Assistant Curator of Ethnology (including capitals) at the BPBM in 81 and 82. I had to leave because the salary was so sparse. Most BPBM officials work for extemely reduced salaries.

That MM's workers chose to assist financially is a tribute to the museum staff, who have been supportive and caring to the n'th degree, at least in my experience.

Had I been able to be supportively paid, I would have stayed. I LOVED BPBM, but couldn't pay rent.

MM, you have a loving group of folks there. Contact me in a PM, please.

Kaonohi`ula`okahokumiomio`ehiku

K?
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Right on Kaonohi!
          I totally agree. I enjoy everyone there. They give for each other in so many ways.
          Quite a few have joined me in clean-up a park day(s) I created. As just one example.

No one truly makes what they deserve working there, but all love the institution.

Sorry for the kinda thread drift folks.

PM coming up...
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            1)Very cool, MM. That also speaks to the kind of guy you are.
            Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            2)Nice for you, Jeff. Aloha in action.

1) Yeah... cool. Awwhh now I'm blushing.
            2) Thanks and yeah you're right about 'Da Aloha!'.

Comment

Many of us choose to work jobs where the pay is uncomfortably low, because it's more important to us to be making a positive difference to the world and our fellow travelers, and/or because enjoyment of the work we do matters more to us than financial wealth.

Nothing against those for whom money is a more important factor - you have your reasons for your priorities, too. But imagine what would be lacking in your world if you didn't have underpaid teachers, social-service providers, museum employees and the like in it.

(NOT sorry for the thread drift.)

Comment

Very cool for you Jeff, how nice to be with such a caring group of folks. And they are lucky to have you - you're such a nice guy!

Comment

hi,to mm,i agree with everyone,that's very nice when your co-worker's who are also your friend's are from their kindess of their heart helping you so that you'd be able to purchase a new ride,.that's very kind and nice. two thumb's up to you my friend mm.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                    Sorry for the kinda thread drift folks.
                    No need to apologize, and anyway it's not really thread drift.
                    Sorry I've been too busy (work and music gigs) to dive in earlier, but I agree with all the positive comments here in the past few days. [/high five to MM]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

And here he is...

Got it yesterday and am so happy to be able to do a Costco run now.

A flickr set

Comment

Congratulations, MM! Good looking bike.
                        No wonder you bought it, it happens to already have your name and logo on it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hi mm,cool ride and very nice. you got a new cool ride,im glad for you.

i like all of the new emminite's on it.

Comment

OK!
                            Now, when you do that Costco run make sure you pick up a nice heavy-duty cable with permanent loops on the end (not with a screw-on clamp) and a real heavy duty, hardened lock. Cable is harder to cut than chain, and separate locks are stronger than standard cable locks. If necessary, get guidance from a bike or moped shop; care enough to get 'the very best.'
                            Make sure the cable is plastic coated so you don't scratch the nice new finish!
                            When you lock it up, make sure the cable goes through the frame and through (not over) some immovable object.
                            (Bikes cabled to parking meters are stolen when 2-3 guys just lift it high enough to slip it over the top.)

Let's keep this one.

K?
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

hi mm,i suggest you visit moped company is they have good lock's with the strong chain's is i have two and one for the floorboard for my moped and it truly work's.

if you happen to visit them,just share that a friend here suggested it and he'd give you a fair price and good luck mm.

pick the yellow lock is they have a good amount of the yellow lock's and strong chain's.

Comment

my yellow moped was stolen in July.
                                bought the white one in August.
                                police got it back in September.
                                really beat up, missing parts, broken body panels, twisted front forks, but runs well.

Four teenagers were busted riding two stolen mopeds in Kalihi Valley.
                                Will be going to court sometime soon.

I'll see if my moped shop is interested in it for parts?

A Flickr set

Comment

Working...
                                X