1 house, 4 burglaries, in 4 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 house, 4 burglaries, in 4 months?

I saw my dad's neighbor throwing up a quick and dirty chain link fence. Apparently his house was broken into in the middle of the day, while he was at work. The burglars tossed everything on the floor, and even stole clothing.

Worse yet this is the 4th break in. Once a month, for the past four months. It's very suspicious.

He thinks it may either be the people hired to watch over his elderly next door neighbor, or one of the two half-way houses in the neighborhood (or so he claims).

Do you have any theories about who would break into someone's home 4 months in a row?

Is there a way to find out if there are half-way houses in your neighborhood? Can anything be done about them?
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: 1 house, 4 burglaries, in 4 months?

Sounds like it's time for the neighbor to invest in some surveillance cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
      Is there a way to find out if there are half-way houses in your neighborhood? Can anything be done about them?
      I wonder if there's a correlation between half-way houses and property crime. And even if there's a correlation, it doesn't mean that's the cause for the break-in.

Is there a Neighborhood Watch group he could talk to? Is he able to make it a time-wasting nuisance for the burglars to get in? Has he filed police reports? I'm not saying that those actions will solve the problems by themselves, but they'll make it slightly more likely that the burglar will get discouraged or caught.
      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Sounds like it's time for the neighbor to invest in some surveillance cameras.
        No kidding. They have systems which only record activity. Put that inside the house and hopefully ID the perps (just make sure the criminals can't find the recording device!).

Originally posted by Nords View Post
        I wonder if there's a correlation between half-way houses and property crime. And even if there's a correlation, it doesn't mean that's the cause for the break-in.
        True, true. In this case, it could be a "friend" of the family tipping off the perps. There used to be a drug dealer up the road. Their customers used to break into their neighbor's home, to fund their habits.

Is there a Neighborhood Watch group he could talk to? Is he able to make it a time-wasting nuisance for the burglars to get in? Has he filed police reports? I'm not saying that those actions will solve the problems by themselves, but they'll make it slightly more likely that the burglar will get discouraged or caught.
        No watch group. Mostly retired folks who keep to themselves. I haven't asked if he talked with the cops; I hope he did. He got a dog. A really nice looking dog. I hope he exercises it and understands the responsibility / dedication it takes to properly raise one.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

They'll just steal the dog too next time they ransack the house.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
            No watch group. Mostly retired folks who keep to themselves.
            Ironically enough, a neighborhood with a lot of retirees is a good foundation for a neighborhood security watch.

Click on this link for more information on how to start a security watch in your own neighborhood. It all starts with someone who cares enough to do something about the problem. And remember. The next home you save from a break-in could be your own.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              They'll just steal the dog too next time they ransack the house.
              Does a pit bull make a good watch dog?

Comment

Working...
              X