Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna see what a bucket full of toads looks like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanna see what a bucket full of toads looks like?

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    you're a genius AND witty

my powers of observation admire your powers of obfuscation!

between my flirtations w/u & scriv, plus having eric at home, i must be the luckiest woman on HT! yay, me!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      yeah--we especially like our toads decorated with lemon chiffon lettering.

*cocks brow at mike & laughs*
      I finally broke down and caught a few and made some Toad Leg Adobo, and ho brah, broke da mout. You have to boil them in water for about an hour to get rid of the toxins, but it's woth the wait. I cant wait for the next HT get-together so I can bring my new dish

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
        I finally broke down and caught a few and made some Toad Leg Adobo, and ho brah, broke da mout. You have to boil them in water for about an hour to get rid of the toxins, but it's woth the wait. I cant wait for the next HT get-together so I can bring my new dish

mmm, i'm sure it will rank right up there with my dish--kilawen nga tanga. mike, you wanna bring your paltugen ti bastos? i'm sure it will be a hit!

wow, what an absolute tool!
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

mmm, i'm sure it will rank right up there with my dish--kilawen nga tanga. mike, you wanna bring your paltugen ti bastos? i'm sure it will be a hit!

I'm puking at the idiot
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

ok..i suppose i will step in... since he's my other half and all...

seriously that whole comment was intended to be a joke. sorry it didn't fly over so well, but then sometimes not all do. being as im filipino, my husband had to endure all the stuff that i wouldn't even eat as we've sat down to dinner when my mom, aunt & grandmother visit or bring stuff back from the philippines. so fried intestines, dinuguan, some other stuff that i forget what (and because i've seen how they kill the things and then cook it- well it makes me lose my appetite ;P) but he sits there and tries everything, even after i give him the eyeball and shake my head, only to tell me later what was that again? the running joke between us is that they should have filipinos on Fear Factor since they eat almost anything, goat bile, pig snouts, ears, etc, chicken feet etc. ( i know this doesn't only apply to filipinos, but its my culture and the one i relate with)
            i have told him that his post did not go over well and well there was his response. :P it really wasn't meant to insult/offend.
            Last edited by CranBeree; June 20, 2008, 06:38 AM.

Comment

My posts aren't offending anyone, are they ? Everybody knows I'm Filipino and have an odd sense of humor, right ? Right ?

And honey, it's my turn to cook dinner tonight, and guess waht we're having ?? mmmm mmmm mmmmm. But when you get home, watch out for the toads in the front yard pushing themselves around in wheelchairs

Love,

The Iron Toad Chef

Comment

Wait....isn't toad a British dish? They have that whole "Toad in a Hole" thing going on don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                  Wait....isn't toad a British dish? They have that whole "Toad in a Hole" thing going on don't they?
                  I've eaten 'Toad in a Hole' in a pub somewhere on Oahu... I think it was called 'Elephant and Castle'... or something like that. It was just sausage in pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
                    ok..i suppose i will step in... since he's my other half and all...

seriously that whole comment was intended to be a joke. sorry it didn't fly over so well, but then sometimes not all do. being as im filipino, my husband had to endure all the stuff that i wouldn't even eat as we've sat down to dinner when my mom, aunt & grandmother visit or bring stuff back from the philippines. so fried intestines, dinuguan, some other stuff that i forget what (and because i've seen how they kill the things and then cook it- well it makes me lose my appetite ;P) but he sits there and tries everything, even after i give him the eyeball and shake my head, only to tell me later what was that again? the running joke between us is that they should have filipinos on Fear Factor since they eat almost anything, goat bile, pig snouts, ears, etc, chicken feet etc. ( i know this doesn't only apply to filipinos, but its my culture and the one i relate with)
                    i have told him that his post did not go over well and well there was his response. :P it really wasn't meant to insult/offend.
                    cran, it was very sweet of you to attempt an apology on his behalf.

dd--did you not appreciate cran's attempt to assuage any irritations, and instead, desire to exacerbate things?

umph. maybe you'll prefer to discuss that amongst yourselves. don't wanna unleash a bucket of toads with that one.

My posts aren't offending anyone, are they ? Everybody knows I'm Filipino and have an odd sense of humor, right ? Right ?

And honey, it's my turn to cook dinner tonight, and guess waht we're having ?? mmmm mmmm mmmmm. But when you get home, watch out for the toads in the front yard pushing themselves around in wheelchairs

Love,

The Iron Toad Chef

mike, check your PM.

Comment

Ai soos! I tink somebody go hit one sensitib nerb!

Comment

wow, what an absolute tool!
                        Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post

I'm puking at the idiot
                        You two better watch your step, or I'll be forced to type in all capital letters to you. And if you keep it up, I have no problem using an exclamation point *tried to insert a rolls eyes smiley here*
                        Last edited by DiverDown808; June 21, 2008, 04:40 PM.

Comment

But yes, Toad In Hole is an English dish of sausages in Yorkshire pudding. They got the name because the dish resembles a toad looking out a hole.

Sherilyn, let me know if you remembered if it was any good. It sounds like some kind of pot pie, but hey, I'll try it

DD

Comment

But yes, Toad In Hole is an English dish of sausages in Yorkshire pudding. They got the name because the dish resembles a toad looking out a hole.

Sherilyn, let me know if you remembered if it was any good. It sounds like some kind of pot pie, but hey, I'll try it

DD
                            Sorry, it was almost 30 years ago... can't remember! I think is was just OK. I don't remember raving over it... but then my palate wasn't as refined as it is now . It was interesting to try something different, tho. I should make it a point to do that every once in awhile.

Comment

You two better watch your step, or I'll be forced to type in all capital letters to you. And if you keep it up, I have no problem using an exclamation point *tried to insert a rolls eyes smiley here*

your threats are about effectual as your lackluster humor.

Comment

Ate at a place years ago that served Toad in the Hole; they also served Bubble and Squeak...Wonder if that was from the toads???

Comment

Working...
                                X