Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Walgreens in Hawaii?

Originally posted by GiftedThunder View Post
    Walgreens delivers my prescriptions through UPS free of charge. They must either pay for it or have a deal worked out with them for free. I don't know if they do it for everyone or just disabled/handicapped people though.
    Aha! So Walgreen's doesn't have same day delivery esp. for those who don't feel well enough to go to the store. I, too, have delivery options if I choose, both thru my health insurance plan and thru AARP, if I have my prescriptions filled on the mainland. But that does me no good if I'm not up to getting in the car and need an Rx the same day.

Hmmm...no drive thru...no same day delivery...parking problems...at the soon to be convenient Keeaumoku location. Three strikes. Oh well!
    Originally posted by GiftedThunder View Post
    I didn't have anything "inconvenient" necessarily except for the fact that I could not get my diabetic insulin at Longs since I did not have the original prescription, and had it been a Walgreens on the island that I stayed at, I could have had it transferred there instantly. I ended up just having to wait for my doctor to call it in, something I would have rather had to avoid.
    Just curious...Is insulin an rx that can't be filled for more than one month at a time? I ask only because it seems it would make sense for anyone taking a trip to have enough of the rx filled at home to cover the length of a trip that wasn't of an over lengthy duration.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Aha! So Walgreen's doesn't have same day delivery esp. for those who don't feel well enough to go to the store. I, too, have delivery options if I choose, both thru my health insurance plan and thru AARP, if I have my prescriptions filled on the mainland. But that does me no good if I'm not up to getting in the car and need an Rx the same day.
      First, it was "Walgreens accepts all major insurance" but you have to call to find out if they, if fact, will accept your plan. Now, it's "Walgreens does deliver," but it's through UPS, not same day delivery. Sheesh, if Gifted Thunder is trying to promote Walgreen's, he's sure making a mess of it. He sounds more shady than a deceptive ad. At least with a print ad, there's something called "fine print." With GT's posts, you don't even get that!

Just curious...Is insulin an rx that can't be filled for more than one month at a time? I ask only because it seems it would make sense for anyone taking a trip to have enough of the rx filled at home to cover the length of a trip that wasn't of an over lengthy duration.
      Good point. Now, it's clear the reason why GT found it inconvienient because he "had to shop at Longs" while he was vacationing here. It had nothing to do with Long's but everything to do with him being unprepared.

GT, I just gotta say that your coming on here and only telling "part of the story" and having the rest dragged out by other people's questionings really doesn't do much for your credibility, AFAIAC. You might want to rethink the way you present yourself.

The "locals" here have come a long way since the days of Captain Cook.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Star of Gladness View Post
        Everybody believes you!
        Pardon? After making changes to his MySpace page after being "outed" as a Walgreen's employee and admitting to lies on said page, after failing to reveal his connection to Walgreen's, even after having been asked about it point-blank, I question the reliability of anything GT posts now.

But if he truly did leave Walgreen's, there's probably a job waiting for him somewhere in the Cheney administration...

Comment

Hmmm...no drive thru...no same day delivery...parking problems...at the soon to be convenient Keeaumoku location. Three strikes. Oh well!
          I can't remember which newspaper said it but the Keeaumoku location won't have the drive thru which is in a way kind of good because that spot really has traffic holdups.

It could be that the medication was lost or stolen or the entire contents of the container violated the five second rule. Regradless of the reason why the prescription needed to be filled, it needed to be done. The thing is different chains would have different ways dealing with out of state travelers. Since GiftedThunder is a customer of Walgreens he would have the same problem if he went to any pharmacy other than Walgreens to get the prescription filled out.

Could have happen to any of us Long's customers traveling out of state where Longs is not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Pardon? [...]
            LL, I think SoG meant that sarcastically!!! Or did I misread both of you?
            Originally posted by helen View Post
            [...]It could be that the medication was lost or stolen or the entire contents of the container violated the five second rule. Regradless of the reason why the prescription needed to be filled, it needed to be done. The thing is different chains would have different ways dealing with out of state travelers. Since GiftedThunder is a customer of Walgreens he would have the same problem if he went to any pharmacy other than Walgreens to get the prescription filled out.

Could have happen to any of us Long's customers traveling out of state where Longs is not there.
            Yes, it could be any number of reasons but the most frequent reason, I'd guess, is failing to plan ahead. I've had to have prescriptions filled out of state but only for symptoms that developed after I left home. I think insulin needs to be refrigerated. Possibly, even with refrigeration, it has a short shelf life. In that case, someone might need to refill it during a trip. Still, this comes back to planning ahead. A traveller should bring a written prescription with him/her for ongoing medications treating chronic conditions. The airlines advise that inspection for carry ons with insulin goes smoother when accompanied by a copy of the written prescription and that it's mandatory that rx's be in the original pharmacy containers with patient name matching the passenger's name on the ticket. *Source* It appears having that written scrip in one's possession does double duty.

Just my 1.999796849¢

Comment

LL, I think SoG meant that sarcastically!!! Or did I misread both of you?
              Could be, and I misread it then.

Either way, and I'm quite serious about this, I meant what I said earlier in that I would like to see GiftedThunder get involved in threads that are not about his employer (present OR past) - I'd like to read his take on other topics, so I could get a better picture of him than the admittedly limited one this thread has created. (But then, if he's put me on "ignore," he won't know that I ever requested that, eh?)

Comment

Not sure if people know or remember this but before LONGS arrived here, there were pharmacies like Kaimuki Pharmacy, Stewarts Pharamcy, etc. now we're going way, way back to the late 50's here and did you know who owned these drug stores: Walgreens!! So would this be an odd full circle that it was LONGS who later came in and many of the drug stores Walgreens owned went out of business because of them!!

Aj

Comment

Walgreens buys office building in Honolulu

Walgreens has bought an office building next to the Ke'eaumoku Street site on which it plans to open its first Hawai'i store, but the company said it has no immediate plans for the property.

The nation's largest drugstore chain bought the five-story complex at 1500 Kapi'olani Blvd. for an undisclosed price estimated at more than $13.5 million, which is the city's assessed value for property tax purposes.

The building, on one acre of land, houses about a half dozen tenants, the largest of which is Heald College.
                  Great. Now the medical students there will have Walgreens products. What's next? Walgreens buying KGMB? or even the KFC location next door?
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                    Walgreens buys office building in Honolulu

Great. Now the medical students there will have Walgreens products. What's next? Walgreens buying KGMB? or even the KFC location next door?
                    I would have figured the KFC location would make the most sense. Perhaps the purchase of the office building would eventually become the Walgreen's Hawaii regional office?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                      I would have figured the KFC location would make the most sense. Perhaps the purchase of the office building would eventually become the Walgreen's Hawaii regional office?
                      If it becomes the regional HQ for Walgreens, I would think the business students at Heald might be able to take advantage of that and score some pretty nice internships in the office. The commute would be nice, anyway!

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I suspect it's parking. By owning the building they can deal with the parking setup, hopefully removing that gate that is there.

Comment

I suspect it's parking. By owning the building they can deal with the parking setup, hopefully removing that gate that is there.
                          That's a strong possibility. I can see Walgreens negotiating to lease parking from the building and the negotiations went nowhere so an outright purchase was made instead.

Comment

*bwahahahahahaha* *breathes*

There's barely enough parking for the deans and other people on the mezzanine level for the school - and don't talk to me about the ground floor parking. Some people park at the First Hawaiian Bank, or across at Ala Moana Mall.

If they'll blow up the building to make a parking structure, then I'll be pissed. That building is very quiet from the inside, and when I was there, you couldn't hear the tree trimming or construction noise.

But that's just my 2 cents.
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Great. Now the medical students there will have Walgreens products.
                              What medical students?

I think the parking theory and the offices theory are both good. That's a good building in a good spot. Maybe it's both.

There's barely enough parking for the deans and other people on the mezzanine level for the school - and don't talk to me about the ground floor parking. Some people park at the First Hawaiian Bank, or across at Ala Moana Mall.
                              Adrian, that's obviously not going to be a problem for the company that OWNS the building. "Oh, I'm sorry, OWNERS OF THE BUILDING, but we barely have enough room for faculty parking; we simply don't have room for your cars!"

Thirteen million bucks just to use the existing parking seems steep; even to knock down the existing structure and put up a new parking structure? I don't know. I'm not good with money, so figures on such a large scale as Walgreens must deal with routinely are kind of hard for me to wrap my brain around. Does that sound like a lot of money to anyone else for the two proposed uses that have been mentioned here?
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                                What medical students?
                                Heald College. They have some sort of nursing program at the school.

Comment

Working...
                                X