Multiple choice poll test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple choice poll test

The last two times I posted a poll that had multiple choices people were not aware that the poll had multiple choices.

Does the poll say it is by default or not. To tell you the truth I wasn't paying much attention when I initially post it. So I will try one more time to conduct a multiple choice poll.
    transparent
    21.70%
    masking
    18.87%
    duct
    18.87%
    electrical
    15.09%
    drafting
    1.89%
    2-sided
    9.43%
    other
    14.15%

Re: Multiple choice poll test

Interesting by default the poll itself doesn't say anything but it being a multiple choice poll, unless one reads the thread first, or in the case put in the title of the poll that it is multiple choice.

Oh wait, I need to make another test poll to see something out.

Comment

My "other" tape is USPS Priority Mail tape. It's kinda cool.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My other tape is the kind with wires in it...works well when taping children...they can't gnawthrough it!! j/k

I don't tape my children....

Often.
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

How to tell if a poll is multiple choice or not.

Multiple choice:
          Will have squares next to the choices.
          When you click on the second choice or more choice the first does not disappear.

Single choice:
          Will have a circle next to the choice.
          when you click on the second choice the first choice will disappear.

Comment

The problem I have with the mulitple choice polls is that when I first see the thread for the poll listed, it got the poll icon next to it. So if the poll is interesting, I hit the thread and make a selection on the poll before I read the first post of the thread, which usually says this is a multiple choice poll. The problem is I already hit the "submit" button and cannot go back and make more choice selections because once you hit "submit" the system locks you out from the poll.

Perhaps the multiple choice poll should be configured so that the poll question comes after the first post or the poll stays open for at least one more choice selection per user. Is this possible?

I got burned for the 2nd time in one of these on the hamburger poll. The natural order of things, I see the topmost item in the thread, respond to that and then read the next item before I find out the poll is multiple choice.

I know, I probably need to read the thread first, but the poll is right there at the top and it is so easy to respond to what is at the top first before moving on to the next item.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel, just try to remember Helen's "clues" from the post above you - circles & squares. If you can't remember that (and I'm not chiding you if you can't), then after you check a choice, try checking another BEFORE you submit your selections, and see if you are permitted multiple choices.

Comment

Yep, I never noticed the different formats of the poll. Oh well, live and learn. I guess I just have to be more careful.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Something else I notice about polls or what others have been saying about not having an "All of the above" option.

If a poll is a single choice one then it makes sense to do "All of the above" option. However if it's a multiple choice poll then you don't need an "All of the above" option (you just choose the ones that apply). You might need a "None of the above" choice but not an "All of the above" choice. And yeah I just noticed for the poll for this thread it only dawned on me now that I forgot to have a "none of the above" choice, sorry about that.

If you check the math for the polls. A single choice poll, all of the percentages will add up to 100% but for a multiple choice poll the percentages is in relationing to the number of people who responded to the poll.

Originally posted by mel View Post
                  Perhaps the multiple choice poll should be configured so that the poll question comes after the first post or the poll stays open for at least one more choice selection per user. Is this possible?
                  I have no idea. I haven't looked at any vBulletin documentation or gone through their support forums for a long time.

Comment

Don't forget athletic tape.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

that falls along with Gaffers Tape under the "other" column

Comment

I wanted to say "recording tape," but the poll did specify "adhesive tape."

When recording tape falls into that category, it's not a good thing, and it's time to head for the oven.

Comment

Working...
                        X