Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

Originally posted by Mauibuzz View Post
    That one is bad, another one that has to go is "Poncho's" My solar guy, I mean it really Blows!!!
    Yep, another commercial that some adman thought would catering to those who cannot hack life in the modern world.

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Anything with Jake Shimabokuru and his smoking ukulele (or even without, as in those 'bug' commercials)!
    That ad disturbs my peaceful naps.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Uggggghhh, the stupidity of current Jack in the Box ad where the man is in love with his bacon. He [groom] marries his bacon sandwich [bride]. Then it is announced at the wedding "You may now eat the bride". (I'm sure the double entendre was hilarious to the tee-heeing ad-men behind closed doors.)
      Last edited by Amati; March 15, 2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        Uggggghhh, the stupidity of current Jack in the Box ad where the man is in love with his bacon. He [groom] marries his bacon sandwich [bride]. Then it is announced at the wedding "You may now eat the bride". (I'm sure the double entendre was hilarious to the tee-heeing ad-men behind closed doors.)
        R-e-a-l-l-y dislike that spot. REALLY! I think it first aired during the Super Bowl and got good reviews...probably due to a lot of beer drinking and the double entendre! (pssst...Amati? It's not a local commercial! I'd be doubly disgusted if it was!)

Comment

Does Jack in the Box now have Pork Grinds?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            (pssst...Amati? It's not a local commercial! I'd be doubly disgusted if it was!)
            Yeah, I mixed up my "searches" and posted in the wrong forum.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              R-e-a-l-l-y dislike that spot. REALLY! I think it first aired during the Super Bowl and got good reviews...probably due to a lot of beer drinking and the double entendre!
              That particular Jack spot might have raised eyebrows 25 years ago. But really, it's quite tame to the commercials that Carl's Jr. has been airing for both their SW Patty Melt and Turkey Burger sandwiches. No double entendres there. Just overt displays of a lot of skin.

And no, I'm not posting any links to those 2 commercials. Anyone desiring to seek them out can easily find them on YT.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

FM, I don't mind double entendres, no matter how racy they are...when they make me laugh! I find the concept of the Jack spot completely ridiculous. Kind of a junior high locker room mentality!

Comment

Remington College ads continue to be an embarrassment to the students that attend the school. Are you afraid of "mean instructors" at college?? Then instead go to Remington, according to the pitchman (Tiny T.).
                  Any time Tiny's ads come on I either switch the channel for a couple of minutes or at least hit the mute button. You may recall the battles Tiny and I had here on HT when he was attacking Aunty Lynn, and myself and others here jumped all over him for *using* his son for his own gain.

Originally posted by Mauibuzz View Post
                  That one is bad, another one that has to go is "Poncho's" My solar guy, I mean it really Blows!!!
                  Hate it, hate it. Took forever to figure it out. Some plumber with a wrench working on a kitchen sink. What does that have to do with a solar company? Only thing I can guess is that the kitchen sink wasn't getting hot water because the solar panels weren't affecting the water heater. Dunno. Don't care.

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                  Anything with Jake Shimabokuru and his smoking ukulele (or even without, as in those 'bug' commercials)! I am so sick of seing his smiling phoney face on TV, I actually change channels to avoid it. BARF! (IMNSHO)
                  I don't like the beatle/Beetle ad. But having known Jake for around 16 years I can tell you his smile is definitely not phony. What you see is the way he is in real life.

And here's a new one for this thread, and it's about commercials on KGMB. Did Mahlon Moore buy that channel? His voice is on around 95% of their commercials and has been for several years. I love Mahlon as a person, but dang, every KGMB commercial sounds the same!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Heald College ad, with a "student" stating: "The classes is really flexible".

It irritates me whenever I hear that "IS", and I wonder why the college cannot manage to promote itself using correct grammar.

Comment

Amati...whoever was in charge on the set when that commercial was videotaped should've corrected the grammar and taped another take. It does not speak well of the college to let it slide like that.

Comment

Rhetorical question:
                        Is it that Heald is trying too hard to attract the "less-educated-type" student? I notice that Remington does the same thing ... playing up the "less advanced in schooling". As I've commented about Remington, I'd be mad if I was a solid student and those ads were supposed to be representing the quality of education I was receiving at the college level.

Comment

Good question, Amati, and I hope the answer is "no"! There are other ways to do it.

Comment

Just saw the King Infinity car dealership ad with the mildly attractive blond woman taking about "Hahn-uh-lu-lu." No excuse for that . . .

Comment

The voice over for Genki Sushi sounds of a stereotype Asian guy.

Comment

A certain law firm soliciting accident victims. I can't find the remote fast enough to change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X