Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Mixed Plate
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old June 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
cynsaligia's Avatar
cynsaligia cynsaligia is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
Posts: 1,715
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
I think I can do a little better, but this thread isn't about you/me and I'm trying not to incite a reaction from the lock police as FM was hoping for, but you seem insistant on throwing misguided fits about nothing instead of maintaining a focus on the subject matter.
And stop using words I have to look up!
stop using words that you have looked up yet insist on applying wrongly.

start writing posts where your good intent, if it exists, is readily apparent. and while you don't necessarily have to completly reveal your sources, you really should indicate something more solid than "word on the street" if you want to be taken seriously. otherwise, word on the street will be that your word is worth less than you'd like.

nice bit of info, kaonohi. if ron's bit of gossip is based on mistaken identity, what a fool he'd look, eh?
__________________
superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Ron Whitfield Ron Whitfield is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,730
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

What's a NY hotel review got to do with the OP?
And pandemic is correct, especially as I was obviously referring to the shelter, not the theater.
'Word on the street' from those that have first hand knowlege is a decent start, and leaves it open to further investigation to the ultimate facts. Where/when else do you think you would have heard it?

And if what I heard was a bunch of BS, then good. Who wants grotesque blood suckers in their theaters? Prove that it's just a false rumour and I'll be the first to be happy. Does the possibility of an error enlist me for the corner chair with a dunce hat? I think not. But if it's true then your endless propensity for deriding me and the matter while belittling it as mere gossip should find the pointy chapeau a perfect fit for you.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Kaonohi's Avatar
Kaonohi Kaonohi is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kahalu`u Stream
Posts: 2,932
Exclamation Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
What's a NY hotel review got to do with the OP?
Hey, I don't make the news, I just report it. Did you read the article?

It mentioned an infestation of bedbugs and also mentioned restaurant row.

It's not impossible that some websurfer saw that and made an incorrect assumption, and you know how 'word of mouth' changes as it passes from mouth to mouth.

Seriously (since Frankly as a term has taken on a new meaning), I'm glad you reported the street gossip. Now it merely remains to be substantiated or disproved. Bedbugs are NASTY!

I hope your vitriol was not directed at me, BTW! That wasn't clear....
__________________
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
~ ~
Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Ron Whitfield Ron Whitfield is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,730
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

It was just a question, no vitrol involved at that point, and it was aimed at my current sparring partner.
But the article was referring to NY's restaurant row anyhow.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Walkoff Balk Walkoff Balk is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,982
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Politics make strange bed bug fellows.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:34 AM
cynsaligia's Avatar
cynsaligia cynsaligia is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
Posts: 1,715
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
What's a NY hotel review got to do with the OP?
And pandemic is correct, especially as I was obviously referring to the shelter, not the theater.
'Word on the street' from those that have first hand knowlege is a decent start, and leaves it open to further investigation to the ultimate facts. Where/when else do you think you would have heard it?

And if what I heard was a bunch of BS, then good. Who wants grotesque blood suckers in their theaters? Prove that it's just a false rumour and I'll be the first to be happy. Does the possibility of an error enlist me for the corner chair with a dunce hat? I think not. But if it's true then your endless propensity for deriding me and the matter while belittling it as mere gossip should find the pointy chapeau a perfect fit for you.
chapeau, eh? thanks for using a word properly, not hyperbolically. too bad you still don't know what "pandemic" means.

only a gossip would spread an unfounded rumor and all but ask his audience to disprove it. but since you feel you are being misaligned, i will take pity and stop beating the lame and senseless talking horse.
__________________
superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Last edited by cynsaligia; June 9th, 2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: adjectival accuracy
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Frankie's Market's Avatar
Frankie's Market Frankie's Market is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,664
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
I think I can do a little better, but this thread isn't about you/me and I'm trying not to incite a reaction from the lock police as FM was hoping for,
Well, if the powers-that-be here see fit to let this thread continue, however short of facts that are presented, so be it.

Let it not be said that bedbug infestation is a laughing matter. It is most serious. But then again, so are people's jobs.

If the RR9 multiplex need to be shut down (temporarily or otherwise) because it poses a health hazard, then of course it is something that has to be done. But if it has to be closed, it should be because a qualified inspector confirms that there is an infestation. It shouldn't be because customers are scared off by unverified rumors that may turn out to be false. A topic that some people here may view as fodder for speculation and/or amusement might be one that jeopardizes other people's livelihoods if rumors get out of hand.
__________________
This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Kaonohi's Avatar
Kaonohi Kaonohi is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kahalu`u Stream
Posts: 2,932
Smile

Well next step is for someone to contact DOH and ask if they have been alerted.

Ron, I nominate you, since you brought this 'word on the street' to our attention and have more knowledge about it than anyone else.

Will you step up to the plate?

I recommend a simple inquiry:

"Dear DOH:
I have heard a rumor on the street that the Restaurant Row Theatres may have an infestation of bedbugs. Can you confirm this? Or if not, can you please investigate?

Mahalo,
Name"

In fact, even a bunch of us can do it, and cc: the theatres, and nip this thing in the bug.

I couldn't find an email contact, but:

Vector Control Branch Mission
We must account for our current mission responsibilities. We must also be ready and be prepared to assure and protect public health and environmental safety from disease carrying vector organisms, and take maximum advantage of the unique characteristics of our neighbor island units.


99-945 Halawa Valley Street
Aiea, HI 96701
Phone: (808) 483-2535
Fax: (808) 483-2545

and:

Hollywood Theaters - Restaurant Row 9 Theatres
500 Ala Moana Boulevard
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808) 545-8635

Phone should do it. Maybe we can settle this thing, stop sniping and get back to normal.
__________________
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
~ ~
Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:05 AM
anapuni808's Avatar
anapuni808 anapuni808 is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: No. California
Posts: 2,556
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Sniping???? there is sniping on HT???? Whatever is this world coming to....
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:51 AM
cynsaligia's Avatar
cynsaligia cynsaligia is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
Posts: 1,715
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
Sniping???? there is sniping on HT???? Whatever is this world coming to....
pfft. you've been around long enough to know that what transpired here was roses and clover compared to the ammonia and sulfur that perfumed threads in the past.
__________________
superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:54 AM
musubi's Avatar
musubi musubi is offline
Kia`aina
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 253
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
Sniping???? there is sniping on HT???? Whatever is this world coming to....
'Fraid so:
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe



Attached Images
File Type: jpg wikipedia_snipe.jpg (36.8 KB, 0 views)
__________________
To be, or musubi... What was da question?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Kimo Kimo is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 884
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

And so it ends . . . where will the bedbugs go?

http://www.starbulletin.com/business...in_August.html
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Ron Whitfield Ron Whitfield is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,730
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

We may never get to the bottom of it now. But if the horrid gossipy rumour was true, those critters will migrate to other establishments nearby, if they can survive the trek without further nurishment.

But funny how one half of the story, that the theaters will close, comes on the heels of the other half...
And you notice in the article that there were complaints from patrons about the homeless being there.

Last edited by Ron Whitfield; June 9th, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Frankie's Market's Avatar
Frankie's Market Frankie's Market is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,664
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Can't say that this is shocking news. The landlord was openly talking about a Restaurant Row without the theater last year.

http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Hono...ant-Death-Row/

The Restaurant Row 9 Theatres first opened in 1995, boosting foot traffic for a while—but then the Dole Cannery and Ward multiplexes opened up nearby, and Restaurant Row’s theaters eventually became down-market, $1 movie houses.

But Larry Taff, the managing partner of the Shidler Group, wants to ultimately see the theater space follow in the footsteps of Sunset Grill and become a business that better matches the more service-oriented direction in which the complex is going. “I think that it’s the black eye of the property,” he says.


I giggled when I read the boldfaced part. Why would you want the new tenant to "follow in the footsteps" of an eatery that closed down?

When the theater shuts down, the Shidler group will face the same dilemma that RR's original owner faced. Painfully low foot traffic at night. This was the reason why the Wallace theater chain was given such favorable lease terms in the first place. They were desperate for anything that would get people into that place, especially on the nights that Studebaker's (later, the Ocean Club) was slow or closed. Now that the theater is gone, what will take its place. A revolving door of tenants? This just might be the straw that breaks the back of the tenants that are already struggling, like Pasta Basta.
__________________
This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Menehune Man's Avatar
Menehune Man Menehune Man is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: middle of da ocean
Posts: 5,500
Thumbs down Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Interesting thread, eh?!

Of course various opinions will be held by different folks on any particular topic,
but the ridiculous attacks by Cynsaligia are lame, useless, and irritating. Must be that time of the month.

See how this post is now lame, useless, and irritating?!

"Where have all the nice people gone"?
Chased away by lame, useless, and irritating HT'ers who are probably proud of it.
__________________
Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:49 PM
scrivener's Avatar
scrivener scrivener is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kapalama Heights.
Posts: 5,189
Send a message via AIM to scrivener Send a message via Yahoo to scrivener
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

I disagree. Upon first reading it, I also thought the original post had a weird anti-homeless slant and was glad someone called the poster on it. As for "that time of the month," a very smart woman once advised me never to go there, for the simple reason that it is not mine to make jokes about. You're talking about a very personal, intimate thing and to throw that out like that is worse than the original offense you wish to point out.

It turns out that the theaters are indeed expected to close in August, at least according to an unsourced Twitter message from @KHONNews. No details or confirmation yet.
__________________
But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
GrouchyTeacher.com
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:54 PM
cynsaligia's Avatar
cynsaligia cynsaligia is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
Posts: 1,715
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

silly boy. don't you know that when you say a woman must be on her rag, you essentially emasculate yourself bcs you apparently can't argue without being misogynist?

a whole lot of you don't like the way i did it, but my calling ron out forced more of you to think critically not only about what he posted but its possible effects, given the scaremonger tone he used. a number of posts prior to mine were all about the ewwww! yucky homeless reaction, and not much more.

am i unrepentant? in this instance, hell yeah. i made you all think using your reason versus just your primal, gossipy gut. heck, i even got FM to do research that supported my position that ron's claims were, if not wholly wrong, at least suspect.
__________________
superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Kaonohi's Avatar
Kaonohi Kaonohi is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kahalu`u Stream
Posts: 2,932
Exclamation Finances closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters.

Department of Health, Vector Control Branch denies receiving any complaints or reports (before mine) and claimed to be unaware of any 'rumors on the street' concerning bedbugs in any theatres on O`ahu, including the Restaurant Row 9. They do say it is possible, and if they received a report or complaint, they would go out and investigate. They were almost ready to go out on my mention, but I stressed that I had no physical evidence, I was just following up on a rumor, and they chilled.

One of the on-site managers at RR9 said they have received NO complaints from customers to his knowledge. In addition he says that bi-weekly inspections are made of all theatres, including for droppings, fleas (using flea traps) and samples are taken during cleaning and inspected.

Attendance has not diminished, in fact it has increased of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo
And so it ends . . . where will the bedbugs go?
To bed? Like I hope this rumor does?

Or perhaps we will now have to deal with...

HOMELESS BEDBUGS!!!!????


Or perhaps they will go back to Restaurant Row in NYC...?
__________________
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
~ ~
Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:34 PM
buzz1941's Avatar
buzz1941 buzz1941 is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,086
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
It turns out that the theaters are indeed expected to close in August, at least according to an unsourced Twitter message from @KHONNews. No details or confirmation yet.
KHON has an unsourced Twitter message .... but the Star-Bulletin has an actual story.
http://www.starbulletin.com/business...in_August.html
__________________
Burl Burlingame
"Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
honoluluagonizer.com
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:44 PM
helen's Avatar
helen helen is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 9,877
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

I read that article too by Nina Wu in this morning's Star Bulletin and this passage stuck me as strange:

Quote:
Online reviews of the discount theater on yelp.com and yahoo! movies were mixed -- some called it well maintained, with a decent sound system, while others said it was the best deal in town and yet others complained of smells and homeless people.
Isn't the Star Bulletin in the same complex as the theaters? Wouldn't some recent first hand experience into the theater might be better for the article then some on-line reference that doesn't reference when those reviews were done?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Ron Whitfield Ron Whitfield is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,730
Default Re: Finances closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
1) my calling ron out forced more of you to think
2) i even got FM to do research that supported my position that ron's claims were, if not wholly wrong, at least suspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
3) Department of Health, Vector Control Branch
were almost ready to go out on my mention, but I stressed that I had no physical evidence, I was just following up on a rumor, and they chilled.
4) One of the on-site managers at RR9 said they have received NO complaints from customers to his knowledge. In addition he says that bi-weekly inspections are made of all theatres, including for droppings, fleas (using flea traps) and samples are taken during cleaning and inspected.
1) No need to repeatedly call me out and embarrass yourself, a simple knock on the door asking my mom for me would've sufficed.
2) But still, I support the rapport that helped instigate discussion and investigation towards more facts. That's why I put it out there, not to rag on any homeless.
3) Too bad you squelched their interest. That could have helped resolve the matter completely and if it was a problem could have been of benefit to the community.
It's also a shame you didn't mention the fact of Next Step's pandemic infestations. That situation is LONG overdue for investigation and resolvance.
4) That alone leads me lean towards 'no story here, move along, move along', if true. Thanx for the info!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:33 PM
cynsaligia's Avatar
cynsaligia cynsaligia is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
Posts: 1,715
Thumbs up Re: Finances closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
1) No need to repeatedly call me out and embarrass yourself, a simple knock on the door asking my mom for me would've sufficed.
2) But still, I support the rapport that helped instigate discussion and investigation towards more facts. That's why I put it out there, not to rag on any homeless.
3) Too bad you squelched their interest. That could have helped resolve the matter completely and if it was a problem could have been of benefit to the community.
It's also a shame you didn't mention the fact of Next Step's pandemic infestations. That situation is LONG overdue for investigation and resolvance.
4) That alone leads me lean towards 'no story here, move along, move along', if true. Thanx for the info!

again, ron, if your purpose was so altruistic, why is it that you didn't call DOH, the theatre, or Next Step?

the fact you haven't lifted a finger to give credence to your assertions proves you're an idle gossip.
__________________
superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Ron Whitfield Ron Whitfield is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,730
Default We heard it we heard it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
again, ron, if your purpose was so altruistic, why is it that you didn't call DOH, the theatre, or Next Step? the fact you haven't lifted a finger to give credence to your assertions proves you're an idle gossip.
I don't go to the affected theater or Next Step, and the DOH is SO overwhelmed already with behind schedual work and grossly underfunding and staffing that it wasn't important enuf to bother them on a rumour.
I'm sure that won't placate you, but such is the truth.

The situation with Next Step is well known to State officials and they aren't interested in getting the matter dealt with or letting it be known to the public's interest.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:57 PM
cynsaligia's Avatar
cynsaligia cynsaligia is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
Posts: 1,715
Default Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

ron, if you're so damned concerned, why don't you do like i did and call samiana, wife of utu langi, who is the director of next step? it took me all of fifteen minutes to get a contact number. she is a very nice lady who speaks openly and is quite motivated to check out the posts on this thread.

by the way, if government agencies shy, even now, from calling swine flu a pandemic, then your dogged application of the word to an alleged rampant infestation at the next step shelter is clearly ignorant and excessive.
__________________
superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Last edited by cynsaligia; June 9th, 2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: again, adjectival accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Menehune Man's Avatar
Menehune Man Menehune Man is offline
Ali`i
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: middle of da ocean
Posts: 5,500
Post Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

The very first post in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
Recent street talk sez Restaurant Row's $1 theaters are so infested with bed bugs that the mgt. may simply decide to close rather than deal with alternatives. The problem is said to mostly be brought into the cheap movie house by the clients at the nearby State sponsored Next Step shelter for the homeless where bed bug infestation has been quietly pandemic for years.
My original response... to the possibility of bedbugs not the homeless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menehune Man View Post
Ewww! Gross!!!
Methinks way more was read into the first post than intended.
I know Utu Langi, he's been in my home and we've worked on homeless projects together years ago. He's a good man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
methinks me smells alarmist predjudice against the horrid bane that is the homeless. next step is a great program geared toward helping homeless families. i'm disgusted at this, yet another, campaign to undermine it.

take the time to look next step up before you join in on spreadong rumors to make its beneficiaries into scuzzy boogeymen.
And Ron states where he heard it from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
It was a group of homeless, some that are from Next Step, that was discussing it with me.

Next time aim a little to the high right side.
Hmmm.
__________________
Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
insects, movie-going, movie-watching, oahu, pests, shelters, wildlife

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

  Partner Sites: Hawaii Blog Hawaii News Hawaii Grinds Hawaii Social Media  
    Blogging the Aloha State. The Hawaii Star. Hawaii Food Blog. The story of Aloha 2.0.