This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

So WOT? Am I the only one that got a $40 round trip for a family of 3, plus their car on the SupahFerry?
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 4

Originally posted by zztype View Post
    So WOT? Am I the only one that got a $40 round trip for a family of 3, plus their car on the SupahFerry?

YEAH, you going be first! Wea you guyz going? Enjoy da excursion.
    ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

We wanted to go Kauai, but they no go Kauai on Saturday, so we went Maui instead. Goin' spend Labor Day weekend, go visit my sister and brother, go make trouble, go up Haleakala, visit the winery at Ulupalakua. 2nd day, we might try go Hana just fo' go.

Yeah! Didn't plan on taking ANOTHER family vacation this year. Just kinda fell into our laps! Mahalo SupahFerry!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        Believe it or not, I still have contacts on Maui who are well connected in the community.
        I don't believe it. I think you're saying that to cover for the BS you spew.

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        As PJ says; "AINOKEA".
        For you to try and use my name to advance your point of view is pretty pathetic.

At least I'm not the only one (or two) who see through the lies, fear-mongering and all-around BULL.

Oh, and I got $5 fares to Kauai for two cars and eight people. We're gonna holoholo next week!

Comment

VERY cool that Blaine and Joe got tickets! Congratulations to both of ya. I'm looking forward to your impressions afterward.
          And man, I can only imagine how many calls HSF got this morning when sales started for the $5 tickets. Must've overwhelmed their website too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Actually I think Superferry did a pretty good job of informing the public on the availability of space for the $5 promotion. I checked a few times today and they updated a list of voyages that were sold out or nearly sold out. All of the ones for tomorrow and next weekend went fast.... so ditto on the congrats to Blaine and PJ... I think the people here will expect your reports and impressions after you both return.

Hopefully the enviro wacks and the court don't put a kibosh on this come Monday.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
              Oh, and I got $5 fares to Kauai for two cars and eight people. We're gonna holoholo next week!
              Woo hoo! Yeah! I'm not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                Actually I think Superferry did a pretty good job of informing the public on the availability of space for the $5 promotion. I checked a few times today and they updated a list of voyages that were sold out or nearly sold out. All of the ones for tomorrow and next weekend went fast.... so ditto on the congrats to Blaine and PJ... I think the people here will expect your reports and impressions after you both return.

Hopefully the enviro wacks and the court don't put a kibosh on this come Monday.
                EXACTLY! And LikaNui, their site was responding quickly all day. Their telephone service pretty much sucked, but the website was gangbusters! And that's coming from someone who has been on the website end of a Slashdotting or two.

I hope the whacks don't kill my cheap vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  For all we know the folks at the SuperFerry may have already drafted their EIS for just in case.
                  Well a good environemental engineer friend of mine who works for an engineering firm in Honolulu that does EIS' has told me quietly that they in fact have been drafting an EIS for SF for quite some time now...just in case.

If I were gonna run a venture as big as SF I'd make sure I covered my ass before the inaugural launch with an ace up my sleeve. If I recall one of the partners of SF is a lawyer.

Nobody does something this big and not prepare for a worst case scenerio...unless it's the government.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

First point, a million and one references here to the contrary notwithstanding, the HSC is calling for an EA (environmental assessment), not an EIS (environmental impact statement). The former does not go into nearly as much depth (and public input) as the latter, but the EA may or may not trigger an EIS.

Second point, the comments a few pages back suggesting a possible appeal of the HSC decision to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals are false. Federal appeals courts deal only with, duh, federal matters. This is not (yet) a federal matter.
                    Last edited by poinographer; August 26, 2007, 06:42 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

here is a link to the "friends of the superferry" website....there is a petition there that you can sign and some other info...most of it pretty generic.... the site was probabl created by HSF as self promotion.....but it may help to send in a petition.
                      http://www.hawaiisuperferryfriends.com/main/petition
                      the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Thanks for the clarifications, Doug! Though an EA is less involved as an EIS, are the estimates of the time one would take still accurate? Or is everyone thinking EIS incorrectly?

Craig, it'd be neat of Hawaii Superferry had a near-complete EA/EIS to whip out as the final trump card... but I can't help but think they would've done so before having to basically give away their first couple of weeks of inventory and firing up the system two days early!

It's amazing the level of general interest there is in this thing. My youngest son's birthday party was yesterday, and everyone was talking about nabbing those $5 fares. Three sets of cousins got through, one didn't. They were calling each other and reserving for each other. And this was at 6 a.m.!

Comment

I honestly believe any environmental assessment should be used as the last defense as the nail in the coffin to any detractors. If you don't need your secret weapon, why use it?

I wonder how the fanfare will be when the first cars roll off the dock in Maui. I'm sure the news cameras will be there to record this historic event.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I loved this quote from the SB article about the HSF in today's paper: "Hilo resident Brenda McRae quipped, "It's a good thing there were no protesters around when the airlines started. Otherwise we'd still be using canoes.""

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                              I loved this quote from the SB article about the HSF in today's paper: "Hilo resident Brenda McRae quipped, "It's a good thing there were no protesters around when the airlines started. Otherwise we'd still be using canoes.""
                              I just read that article and thought the same thing! That should have been on the front page in big letters!

Blaine

Comment

Working...
                              X