Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Farrell's returning! Woo hoo!

Originally posted by scrivener
    You know, it saddens me to think of this. How I long for days when something like a jawbreaker could make me happy, or even the thought of someday having one.
    Ho brah, get a grip. Step away from the schoolbooks!

I do stuff like that all the time! If i didn't, I'd lose me! I make it a point to stay a kid.

Drives my wife nuts sometimes, leaves her shaking her head... but when I go out with my kid, it's hard to tell sometimes which is the kid and which is the dad.

I guess your case is compounded by the fact that you don't have a kid. When you do, I promise, all that stuff will come back to you and you'll relive it along with your kid!

The Pricebusters stores have a gumball vending pinball machine full of jawbreakers. Drop a quarter and you get a jawbreaker. Use the flippers to hit the target with the rolling gumball and you get ANOTHER jawbreaker!!

My kid has braces now so he can't eat the jawbreakers, but I CAN! So I give him a quarter or two every time we go and he wins me double each time! He has fun, I have fun.

Then I jam the jawbreaker into my mouth and when my wife asks me something, I reply with the classic "*mbphph?*" Heehee!

Those mall candy stores with the little scoopers that sell candy by the pound also have jawbreakers in assorted sizes from "tiny" to "stupid." Whenever we go to Kahala Mall, the kid and I go in there and get goofy. I come out with two jawbreakers in my mouth and my cheeks bulging!

Wot? You tink I look stoopid? Ask me if I care what YOU think!

I give you permission: Go get nuts! Have some fun! Buckaloose sometimes!

Blaine
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

That's ironic that Farrell's is making their comeback in Kaneohe at Windward Mall.

Farrell's original Kaneohe location was just across the street on the corner of Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center, at the entrance of Alii Shores - my stomping gounds.

After Farrell's closed, it became Smitty's.

Way-way-way before Farrell's constructed a new building (as in grass lands), it was Honey's. As in Honey Ho. Mother of Don Ho.

We celebrated quite a few birthdays at Farrell's. Fire Engine Siren Sundae Ice Cream!

Farrell's also had a location in Ala Moana Shopping Center.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Was Farrell's at Ala Moana located at or near where Radio Shack/Champs/Lady Foot Locker/Software, Etc. is these days?

KalihiBoy

Comment

Farrells Features Fabulous Foods and Fantastic Fountain Fantasies for Frolicking Funfilled Festive Families.

That was their tongue twister that when recited you were rewarded with a peppermint stick.

And yes Farrells was at the site of the Kahala Mall Pizza Hut...oh the memories
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
            When the new Farrell's open, let's set a date and time on a weekend afternoon and we all go meet over there! What you think? Instead of a picnic or something, it could the the Hawaii Threads Ice Cream Pigout or something like that... What you tink?
            I tink, "Shoots!" Count me and the family in.

Second quarter of next year? That could be June!

Comment

My family too! Trough Contest ~ count me in! hahahahah!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                Was Farrell's at Ala Moana located at or near where Radio Shack/Champs/Lady Foot Locker/Software, Etc. is these days?
                I sort of remember it being on that side of the shopping center but I don't remember enough to say it was in that location.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
                  SUGGESTION! When the new Farrell's open, let's set a date and time on a weekend afternoon and we all go meet over there! What you think?

Instead of a picnic or something, it could the the Hawaii Threads Ice Cream Pigout or something like that...
                  Count me in.

Definately have to set a date for someone's birthday. Perhaps on the birthdate of HAWAII THREADS!

We can all wear party hats and blow kazoos... then summon the fire engine siren birthday sundae!

Ryan is the founder of HT right? Perhaps bring an HT birthday gift for Ryan. Or we can all just pitch in to treat him and his family at the event.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Near to where Orange J. and the old Patties Chinese Kitchen was.

Hang-out for lot's of MHS students back in dem days!

Make me hungry foa one French Dip Sandwich. Yummy!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                      Someone else recently mentioned in another thread about the Kahala Mall Farrell's I remember being located at the makai side entrance where Pizza Hut is now.
                      Yep! That's where I remember it, too. Guess I see Kahala Mall situated a little different than it really is! I thought Longs was on the makai side.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        Yep! That's where I remember it, too. Guess I see Kahala Mall situated a little different than it really is! I thought Longs was on the makai side.
                        Hahaha...the way Kahala Mall is situated you are right because the makai side would be Kilauea Ave because Kahala beach is on that side. Where Pizza Hut is could be considered mauka because the back side of Diamond Head is on that side. So Kahala Mall might have two mauka sides.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani

Hahaha...the way Kahala Mall is situated you are right because the makai side would be Kilauea Ave because Kahala beach is on that side. Where Pizza Hut is could be considered mauka because the back side of Diamond Head is on that side. So Kahala Mall might have two mauka sides.
                          Okay, the way I see it, the Tower Records/Calif. Pizza side faces mauka (Maunalani Heights. Diamond Head Crater is actually makai as it abuts the ocean by the lookout and lighthouse) which would make the opposite Pizza Hut side makai, the Longs Drugs side faces Koko Head, and the Hunakai St. side faces Kaimuki-Ewa.

All this work making me hungry for one Trough!

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani
                            One of the reasons I avoid shopping malls like the plague. Way too confusing and over-crowded. Especially Pearlridge. What a nightmare.

I see the new Farrell's will be in the former site of Windward Mall McDonald's. Wonder why they closed? Or did they just move to a different location in th mall?

Anyone remember Marie Callender's restaurant in Windward Mall? They were located on the outside strip between Tilt and the former Liberty House (now Macy's). We never ate there.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                              [...] Anyone remember Marie Callender's restaurant in Windward Mall? They were located on the outside strip between Tilt and the former Liberty House (now Macy's). We never ate there.
                              Didn't know there was one in WM. I remember the one in Restaurant Row. I always liked Marie Callender's, even from my mainland days decades ago. I wonder why the chain didn't survive here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                                Anyone remember Marie Callender's restaurant in Windward Mall? They were located on the outside strip between Tilt and the former Liberty House (now Macy's). We never ate there.
                                I think that's where International House of Pancakes is gonna be soon. If I'm not mistaken the same owners at the Maui IHOP are opening the new one at WM... I think that's Camile Velasco's parents...

I liked Marie Callender's cornbread.... yeah I'm a simple kinda man.

Comment

Working...
                                X