Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be visiting from Feb 10-23, some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'll be visiting from Feb 10-23, some questions!

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
    [...]
    if this doesn't convince you, I dunno what will
    That's spectacular, Tatt. I'm curious...the jagged horizon...is that more clouds or the Los Angeles skyline?!

Comment

ok, now you guys have given the names of places to visit and what not.

how about spots with some good food??
      I really like trying lots of different foods, so anywhere that will have alot of different hawaiian foods would be great.

now I know, a lot of places will have hawaiian food, but I like GOOD food!! haha

Comment

On Oahu:
        Chart house for pupus is a must(imo). Best pupus and sunset on the Harbor. God, I could go for some garlic chicken right now...

If you make it up country on the weekend, garlic shrimp and huli huli chicken from the roadside makes a great snack anytime.

for an upscale dining experience, either Stage at the Design center, or Marvo's.

For great Italian, cough*shameless plug*cough, Arancino Di Mare, at the ,arriott Waikiki or on beachwalk, well put together, clen, yummy food. the "owners" pizza is my fave, along with the gnocci.
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

As an outsider who nevetheless has worked there for many months on several occasions. You Can't go wrong in the International Market for food. It is basically cooked in front of you.
          Oahu is a rock designed by Your God to cook on You will not go wrong.

The hospitality and service is second to none. If you fancy a drink and a snack ? Go to Kelly O'Neills on Lewars > Mention my name (I used to sing and play guitar there). I will be most surprised if they charge you.

Have a load of fun.

Cheers

Comment

Stairways, walkways and drive-ins....

Originally posted by LeMansGTi View Post
            is the Pali lookout just another hike? a legal on compared to the "stairway"??
            The pali Lookout is a turn-off at the crest of the Pali Highway, between Honolulu and the Windward side. Aka Nu`uanu Pali.

From Honolulu turn off just before the tunnels. From Kailua/Kaneohe, go through the tunnels and take the switchback.

Below the viewing area, the old Pali road (on winday days) has wind you can LEAN INTO! About a quarter mile down on the Old Pali Road is a small valley to the right with a short hike up to a very spiritual area, FWIW.... go with respect, if you go.

Also, this is where King Kamehameha finally conquered Oahu - pushed Kahekili's troops over the cliff, or something.

Also, I recommend at least half a day at the Bishop Museum, just off Kalihi Street. You won't regret it.

The trip up to Haleakala is almost as awesome as the summet. Watch out for the flightlessd nene goose, and enjoy the 'cowboy' environment.

Also, there's a Kundalini yoga retreat near Iao Needle, if you're into that.

I spent quite a few years in CT before coming back here. Greenwich, Stamford, Norwalk, Ansonia, New Haven, Middletown, Hartford and Glastonbury.... Where you from?

K
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
            X