Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flip Video

Very wise advice.
    Yes tutusue , I do find old cultural artifacts and try and sprout old seeds .--------------------------
    Love can flip Gravity on it's head

Comment

Was browsing through the Best Buy web site and they were selling something called the Flip Video MinoHD. As far as how it compares to the rest of the products that Pure Digital makes, this unit has a resolution of 1280x720 vs 640x480 and is more sensitive to lower light conditions. The bad part is it's price of $230.

Comment

Best Buy has the white flip ultra on sale for $119, so my sisters & I bought one for my dad for christmas... hopefully I'll get to play with it too!
        I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Newest Christmas toy

I got a Flip Mino yesterday but haven't had much time to play with it yet - we have a newborn in the house! (I'm really happy to receive it, but I keep telling everyone that all I really wanted was six hours of uninterrupted sleep!) I'm already quite sure I'll be using it more than the camcorder I bought before my eldest was born. I've got stacks of unlabeled tapes still waiting for transfer and editing "one of these days".

Comment

unfortunately, we have not been able to do anything with the videos we've made on my dad's Flip Ultra! We tried emailing them using the flip share software that comes with it, it says it is "working", then "done", but we never receive the emails! any suggestions? Could it be defective?
            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Can see the video on the computer that is sending the videos?

In any event, as a suggestion emailing videos is not the best way to transfer them. Also with the Flip you will need to load the codec on the computer before you see it. The way to do this is to connect the Flip the computer in question and let it install the software (which will also load the codec).

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post

In any event, as a suggestion emailing videos is not the best way to transfer them. Also with the Flip you will need to load the codec on the computer before you see it. The way to do this is to connect the Flip the computer in question and let it install the software (which will also load the codec).
                Mahalo! I did get it to work by updating the software. I swear I updated it when i first installed it, but I must have done something wrong. I was almost ready to return it to the store !
                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Its the avi file thats throwing everything off. Throw the avi files into Windows Movie Maker then save the file into a wmv file. (assuming you don't have a mac).

The wmv file is more 'friendlier' than an avi file.....from my experience.

Or, upload the avi file to youtube....then EVERYBODY can view!!

Comment

so i realized the computers we sent test emails to all had the the Flip video software installed on them while we were trying to get it to work, that's why it is working, but when I tried to send email video to a computer that had not had the Flip software installed, it never went through. How can I have them install the software/codec whatever if they are in the mainland and i can't just take the camera over to them? That kinda limits this product, no? I thought it was supposed to be so easy to email the videos, but if the person can't get it, what's the point? Am I still confused? Is there something easy and free that they can just download somewhere to make it work?
                    I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

• Re: Flip Video

You can always sign up for YouTube and transfer your videos that way.

Comment

You can always sign up for YouTube and transfer your videos that way.
                        well, it's actually my dad's Flip (not mine) I'm just trying to help him and my mom. I've mentioned YouTube to them, but i think they'd be more comfortable with just sending emails...

I have a YouTube account with videos taken with my regular camera mostly of my doggies!
                        http://www.youtube.com/kanahina808

I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Checking on Pure Digital's website for their product specifications now yields a 4 Gbyte Flip Ultra that can store up to 120 minutes of video for $149. I suspect that these units still don't have removeable memory cards but for me it seems that not much of an issue since my usage of the Flip Ultra is a backup camera that takes video and so far in the time I have used it I never really hit the full 60 minutes of recording time.

Comment

$150 is a good price. Usually $20 higher, on sale.

YIKES, I didn't see the Best Buy price mentioned. I'm shocked. They had it for $170 a month ago.
                            Last edited by Ron Whitfield; January 9, 2010, 04:29 PM.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Kodak's coming out with some great HD video point and shoot cameras with fast YouTube upload capabilities and comparably priced to Flip. I'm thinking of getting one of those eventually.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X