Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So cool! Music makes the world go around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So cool! Music makes the world go around.

This thread is to share incredibly choice videos of music that can't be beat!

To start we have an offering of Santana with Erik Clapton jamming along... enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAf3g...eature=related
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: So cool! Music makes the world go around.

"Eric Clapton, the archangle of the century"?!
    I heard he was God, but...

Sounding great, thanx for this thread, should be good.

Here's Neil Young earlier this year in Calgary doing one of my favorites from his latter output, BUT KEEP THE VOL. LOW TIL HE STARTS AT 45 SECS. IN, THEN CRANK IT! If you have an EQ cut the highs slightly, at least get some bottom in there - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zo9E...4C5ACF&index=3 A great performance by a legend that keeps getting better every year. The whole show is available from the poster with some equally awesome accoustic stuff like Unknown Legend in fine audio quality. BTW, the Martin D-28 he plays was Hank Williams'!
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; October 4, 2009, 06:54 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Ranked as one of the top three bass players in the world is Victor Wooten, known mostly for playing with the incredible Bela Fleck & The Flecktones. To hear a mind-boggling 5-minute bass solo of "Amazing Grace" go to this link. Spectacular!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Breaking the law, breaking the law...

Not video, but a cool music site with some very rare LP/CD inclusions - www.jukebox.au.nu
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I listened to the contributions so far and loved them!
          Especially Victor... how cool.

Comment

For other guitar lovers out there... and to get this one out of the way.
            Lynerd Skynerd Free Bird!

Comment

Wow! I looove this...
              Rock me baby

As you can tell... I'm enjoying my night off.

Comment

Several months ago I was up watching Craig Ferguson and The Late Late Show and I'd dozed off in the middle of it... but suddenly jerked wide awake because my subconcious had alerted me to some amazing music. It was a performance of "Emmanuelle" by Chris Botti on trumpet and featuring the brilliant and delicious Lucia Micarelli.
                (If you've never heard of her, she's a 26 year old Korean-Italian trained at Juilliard and played with an orchestra when she was only 6 years old. She's also toured with Josh Groban and with Jethro Tull. A musical prodigy and verrrry sexy!)
                Five minutes of musical heaven from the Craig Ferguson show is at this link. She has many more videos on YouTube. Check 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  Five minutes of musical heaven... is at this link
                  Incredible! Chicken skin to the bone. Loved it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                    Incredible! Chicken skin to the bone. Loved it!!!
                    Ditto that. Outrageous.

Raul Midon, my favorite one man band, making his tv debut on Letterman...and (eventually) with India Arie at the North Sea Jazz Festival. His sight has been replaced with enhanced musicality, I think.

Comment

Ray Charles, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino and a young Paul Shaffer. Good ol' rockin' music, this video almost always gets me up and moving or at least my toes tapping.

http://tinyurl.com/yb3wjqk
                      Last edited by lihingmui; October 5, 2009, 01:12 AM.

Comment

To hear a mind-boggling 5-minute bass solo of "Amazing Grace" go to this link. Spectacular!!!
                        That was great! Loved the end; so creative!

It was a performance of "Emmanuelle" by Chris Botti on trumpet and featuring the brilliant and delicious Lucia Micarelli.
                        Five minutes of musical heaven from the Craig Ferguson show is at this link. She has many more videos on YouTube. Check 'em out.
                        Wow; that was tremendous and unexpected. Gotta look for that album. Oh, and I think Lucia's dress had some problems with the seam in the front, but I KNOW you guys will forgive her for that.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                          That was great! Loved the end; so creative!
                          As with Lucia, you can search "Victor Wooten" on YouTube and see lots more of him. I originally saw that version of "Amazing Grace" on a PBS Soundstage special called Bela Fleck & The Flecktones, Live At The Quick amphitheater -- I ordered the DVD immediately and watch it often. It's awesome! I love showing it to other musician friends and watching their reactions.

Wow; that was tremendous and unexpected. Gotta look for that album. Oh, and I think Lucia's dress had some problems with the seam in the front, but I KNOW you guys will forgive her for that.
                          Lucia plays with such emotion, it's just amazing. Pours her soul into every single note.
                          As for her dress... Gee, I hadn't noticed.

Comment

There's another one that I have bookmarked and posted here somewhere a couple of years ago. It's a teenage boy, obviously sitting in his bedroom and playing Pachelbel's "Canon" in an amazing lead guitar solo. The video is just over 5 minutes; good at the start and really picks up and sizzles at about the 3:30 mark. Watch it at this link.
                            Also posted in another thread here was this video of Michael McDonald and James Ingram doing "Yah Mo B There." This one is about 4:30. (There was a longer one that includes at least two minutes of some sizzling hot percussion solos, but it's been removed for copyright violations. Grrrr.) Side note: Michael's wife, Amy Holland, is the blonde backup singer on the right-hand side.
                            Many folks don't know that Michael was part of Steely Dan. You can see a rare live performance by them of "Do It Again" at this link.
                            And did anyone see Craig Ferguson's "Late Late Show" last night? Musical guest was Christopher Cross singing the classic "Ride Like The Wind" with Michael McDonald and backed up by The Roots. I don't think the video has made it online yet.
                            Last edited by LikaNui; October 6, 2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

One of my favorite artists of all-time, Bobby McFerrin.

"Ave Maria" (Gounod's composition, IMO, the best)

"Hush Little Baby"

"Lullaby of Birdland"

Another "Ave Maria." It's amazing listening to the audience singing along.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X