This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 7

I guess the question that needs to be ask is if the current ocean condition off the North Shore of Maui is that typical for this time of year or is unusually high?

Comment

Ahhhh, whatever. If they're going, I'm going. Podagee say "mas fique."
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        It's also something that would have been/will be discovered with that EIS that's being done. What would have happened if the EA had been done prior to the first voyage and this problem had been identified?
        Oh puh-leeeeeze! You're implying that the SuperFerry folks don't know a darned thing about boats and docking conditions and you're implying that they hadn't even considered the layout and hazards of each of our harbors. How utterly STUPID to imply any such thing!

I mean the top priority should be the safety of passengers and crew of the boat, don't you think?
        Please provide factual inarguable proof that they don't have safety as a top priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again... how utterly STUPID to imply any such thing!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          I guess the question that needs to be ask is if the current ocean condition off the North Shore of Maui is that typical for this time of year or is unusually high?
          Originally posted by zztype View Post
          Ahhhh, whatever. If they're going, I'm going.
          The answers to both of those were just posted at this link on the Advertiser's site:
          Hawaii Superferry postpones Thursday relaunch
          Hawaii Superferry is postponing the relaunch of its Maui-to-Honolulu service until the state can repair pier damage at Kahului Harbor caused by yesterday's high surf.
          The company planned to resume service Thursday, and has yet to announce the postponement and a new start date, but Michael Formby of the Department of Transportation said the 350-foot high-speed catamaran would not be able to use the harbor for at least three days.
          The time is needed to replace two bollards that were ripped from Pier 2 and to inspect the state-owned barge that will be used to load and unload vehicles from the ferry. The barge also must be realigned to accommodate ferry operations.
          Formby said swells within the harbor yesterday were measured at 6 feet. He called the conditions the worst in recent memory.
          Hmmm. "The worst in recent memory," according to the DOT. Funny, but Ms. Negativity claims it happens all the time. Hmmm. Whom to believe?

Comment

If you want to get a real time picture of what's happening in Kahului Harbor, go to this link:

http://www.selldirt.com/Kahului_Harbor_Camera.php

Right now, the palm trees are really blowing every which way in Kahului.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Alrighty then!
              Tomarrow I'll call to get flights over.
              Sheesh...
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Latest news from this article today about the repairs:
                This week's foul weather has not interrupted repairs at Kahului Harbor in preparation for the resumption of Hawaii Superferry next week, according to a state Department of Transportation official.
                Unusually high swells on Monday caused a state-owned barge used to unload and load vehicles from the 350-foot ferry to snap several lines and rip out two mooring bollards at Pier 2. The damage and continuing bad weather forced Hawaii Superferry to postpone its launch a week, from yesterday to next Thursday.
                Michael Formby, head of the DOT Harbors Division, said concrete is scheduled to be poured tomorrow for the replacement of the plate bollard that was uprooted. The concrete can cure in the rain, he said. The post-type bollard that was lost also will be replaced.
                The ferry barge, which suffered minor damage from bumping up against the pier, was inspected and repairs are being scheduled, Formby said.
                "We continue to work with the Coast Guard in anticipation we will have the pier ready for the commencement of operations on Thursday," he said.

Comment

I'm having a Blast over here on Maui!

Everyone that I've spoken to concerning the SuperFerry wants it it to be running.
                  Some have even postponed their bookings to a later date.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X