Coke C2 vs. Pepsi Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coke C2 vs. Pepsi Edge

I share my wife's disdain for the absolutely ridiculous reach of the "low carb" fad, and we weren't exactly surprised when both leading cola makers introduced their own appeal to the Atkins-obsessed masses. Coke gave us C2, and Pepsi gave us Pepsi Edge.

Of course, both companies have disasters under their belt, from Coke's world famous "New Coke" flop to Pepsi's uncolored "Crystal Pepsi" experiment. Is it worth it for either to introduce a new line that falls somewhere between their regular "full test" product and their diet products?

My wife and I tried both. And we both give Pepsi Edge slightly better marks than C2. (The opposite of this review, but we're not counting carbs.) I found C2 to have a strong aftertaste, and an overall taste too close to Diet Coke to be worth choosing C2 over Diet (if they both taste bad, why not go for almost no calories instead of a few?). Pepsi Edge also tasted like Diet Pepsi, but less so, and with less aftertaste. Actually, Pepsi Edge tasted like regular Pepsi with water added, like an icy cup of Pepsi from a restaurant after it's sat around a few minutes. In short, "less bad" than C2, but hardly a ringing endorsement.

Anyone else try these?

See also: Helen's Mountain Dew thread and Mel's Coke or Pepsi poll.

Re: Coke C2 vs. Pepsi Edge

Saw the C2 commericals before the movie started at Ward these last couple of films. Haven't seen C2 being sold from a vending machine yet but then again my work place sells Pepsi.

Comment

Re: Coke C2 vs. Pepsi Edge

That C2 commercial put me off the stuff without even tasting it (but then I'm not a fan of Coke, any style).

Comment

Working...
      X