The Ignore Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ignore Feature

Try go into Private Messages again. You do know that you have an Inbox and Sent Items folder. Try see if there is another folder that got created for you that holds the ignored messages, as well as checking out on the Private Message total count that is displayed to see that number matches up.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      Try go into Private Messages again. You do know that you have an Inbox and Sent Items folder. Try see if there is another folder that got created for you that holds the ignored messages, as well as checking out on the Private Message total count that is displayed to see that number matches up.
      Nope. Just "Inbox" and "Sent Items." The count is the same as it has been for quite some time, too. Those test messages have flown away...except that they may still live in your "sent" box.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Nope. Just "Inbox" and "Sent Items." The count is the same as it has been for quite some time, too.
        So much for that idea.

except that they may still live in your "sent" box.
        Yep they are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          That's probably because (1) some of these issues are not covered in the FAQ, and those who are less net-savvy might not even know what to ask about, and (2) we are well-mannered enough to actually discuss whether or not to use such a function - rather than just flaming each other with wild abandon.

Or not.

Feel free to ignore my answer.
          When I mentioned net-savvy, I didn't mean that just for the sake of knowing about how to use the ignore feature -- being net-savvy also allows one to avoid certain misunderstandings and flashpoints. Assuming good faith and not assuming the worst (i.e. a personal attack) when one sees a disagreement is also being net-savvy IMO; being aware that 70% of communication is non-verbal, which we lose when speaking to one another on internet text forums.

The relatively small population and longevity of this forum should enable us to argue with one another with wild abandon and still come back to the conclusion that we can all be good friends with common interests.

Comment

Well said, Vanguard. I get ya.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, to be fair, I learned the crux of that from this very forum.

Comment

Vanguard is the bomb.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

What did the original poster say? I can't see his posts.

Comment

Working...
                  X