where history blends with legends that espouse get along with
    one's neighbors.

Re: Honolulu Safe City

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
    Although our city is not completely safe from crime, Honolulu is a place
    where history blends with legends that espouse get along with
    one's neighbors.
    (Sigh)
    Were that were true.. In small places, I'm sure it still is, but not all.

InWindward, our crime is inreasing. Burgulasrgy,l forcedentry, theft Appropriaton of Mtror vehicles> The list goes on, and on.
    HPD has an online alert, but not much to SUPPORT prevention.

What do we do? Where do we go??
    Suggesttions welcome.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

All I can say is that as bad as it may be out there ,it's far worse on the mainland.
      The most crime ridden area is probably Washington DC.

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
        All I can say is that as bad as it may be out there ,it's far worse on the mainland.
        The most crime ridden area is probably Washington DC.
        Right. Mostly political crimes, but violent crime as well. New York, LA, etc.

Here in Honolulu I saw a person shot on Nuuanu avenue, died in front of my eyes. Pimp wars, I think. Within 2 miles of my "country" location there are two major crimes daily (B&E, theft, UEMV, etc). "They" say it's mostly crackheads, seeking drug money without working.

It's getting worse. No more fantasy island.

I want to move to Kauai.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Thank God for the War on Drugs.

Keeps price pressure high by constantly restricting supply.

High price helps to spur criminal activity.......Hooray!!

Imagine if crack was free. Crack smokers could eliminate themselves from being part of the problem.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

The reason crack became a huge scourge is partly due to pot becoming scarce and expensive, while crack was cheap and effective as a stimulant. Plus, as times changed, user attitudes changed, socially it became ugly and appealled to an increasingly uglier crowd.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              The reason crack became a huge scourge is partly due to pot becoming scarce and expensive, while crack was cheap and effective as a stimulant. Plus, as times changed, user attitudes changed, socially it became ugly and appealled to an increasingly uglier crowd.

LMAO, Yeah, because stoners, with a lack of pot, turned to crack, LMAO. What bull shit. The reason CRACK became popular was because any coke dealer could cook it up on their stove top, yield a far more potent product, and sell less, for more.

Educate yourself:
              http://www.markhoustonrecovery.com/t...ck_cocaine.php

http://science.howstuffworks.com/crack6.htm

It was a "cheap high" that appealed to "an uglier crowd". A $10 rock, v a $20 sack was more economical, and more bang for the buck(pardon the expression). Couple a cheaper drug, a higher potency, and a higher rate of addiction, a FLOODED MARKET, and THERE is the basis for the epidemic. For you to compare marijuana and crack in the same sentence shows your lack of education, and ignorance in regards to the "Drug Culture". While I am not justifying either, I do know when someone is comparing apples to oranges.

I live in DC now, and while it has it's crime(and no shortage of it), it's not the worst in the nation.

What Hawaii has, that the CONUS lacks, is crime associated with localism. I certainly understand some of the old school mindset in the islands, and respect the heritage, but, the closet thing that is making waves here in DC is hate crimes against the LGBT community.

Crime is universal, and no matter how unicorns and rainbows anyone wants the world to be, there will ALWAYS be crime. Sad, but true. Humans are parasites. We take, and take, and take, with offering little in return to our host(Mother Earth), and humans are like gas, if there is a space, we will fill it. Drugs or not, crime will ALWAYS be a factor.
              Last edited by TATTRAT; March 23, 2012, 09:45 PM.
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Gad , I can see now that my original post was a bit naive.
                My defense is that my genuine fondness for Hawaii tints my spectacles a little
                rose colored at times.
                I'm an optimist at heart, and maybe that tinges my commentary at times.

Comment

Working...
                X