X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio

The movie Rio opened on April 15, 2011.

Re: Rio

Albert and I saw the 2-D version of this movie today at the Ward Theaters.

The movie is about a Blue Macaw named Blu who for the last 15 years lived as companion to a human named Linda, both of them lived in Minnesota unitl one day a bird doctor from Rio de Janeiro (or Rio) comes to Linda to inform her that Blu is the last male of his kind. The doctor has a female Blue Macaw back in Rio and he wants the two of them to come to Rio so that Blu can mate with the female who is named Jewel.

However it is not an easy task since Jewel is keen on escaping from the doctor's care and there are other forces at work like a gang of not too bright (one of them thinks scissors beats rock, while another some how confuses a bat for a bird) bird smugglers and a has been show bird turned evil named Nigel who is league with the smugglers.

Overall this movie is a good average one, there are times that the pacing gets slow and other times there are some chase scenes. The characters that help Blu and Jewel escape the smugglers are likeable and the villians are the type you love to hate. Nigel in his evilness is able to plunge the city of Rio de Janeiro into darkness denying the citizens of that city the opportunity to watch their soccer team score a goal.

I don't know if the musical numbers done by the various birds helps or hurts this movie but if you are a fan of the June Talyor dancers then there is at least a scene of the birds paying a homage to that style of dancing.

The animation is this movie is kind of good, there is a scene of the cityscape of Rio de Janeiro from the mountains and you can see in the distance the bay where waves are moving to the beach.

I told Albert after the movie that if you seen a Viewsonic CRT monitor with their birds logo on it, this movie sort of brings to life those birds.
    Last edited by helen; April 22, 2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X