New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

hi sorry for posting here only im also watching the replay of the 1st hawaii 50 and i didnt realize that steve's father was john mcgarrett and that danny was a father and divorced and that chin ho kelly went to the same high school aka kukui high school,that's very interesting.

i didnt realize that first in the classic,danny drove the same type of car that at the time steve did and steve's father did and that now in the new one,he drive's the newest mustang and this new version of the mustang is cool.

they have all up to date weapon's not like the classic's.

i havent heard of the ficitous place called pearl's canteen.

never heard of kukui high school.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      So what will be created online next week when another fictional place is mentioned on 5-0?
      Bad Okole Coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post

Apparently u overlooked the previous replies talking about this fictional high school? When actors mention or talk about a specific phone # regardless if its TV or A Full Length Movie its always starts w/ "555"

Comment

[...]
          they have all up to date weapon's not like the classic's.
          That's because the show's been...updated.
          i havent heard of the ficitous place called pearl's canteen.
          That's because it's...fictitious.
          That's because it's fictitious, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Bad Okole Coffee?
            There are a few Bad Ass Coffee places that exist in real life here.

On another note all this Kukui High School online stuff was created by our host, Ryan Ozawa as noted in this article: http://tinyurl.com/kukui5-0

The fictional school generated a small tsunami of response that now includes a blog about the school's history (www.kukuihigh.com), a Facebook page to promote it and a Twitter handle (@kukuihigh) to generate dialogue — all created in one day by local social media aficionado Ryan Ozawa.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

There will definitely be a torrent of fictional companies and place names, as well as surprisingly real ones. Kukui High caught on only mostly because of the intense attention on the premiere, and the fact that it was just about the first example of this "alternate universe" Hawaii... something even sci-fi geeks can latch onto.

It's a load of fun derived from just one line of dialogue... but as Mike Gordon notes in his piece, we have not seen the last of Kukui High.

Comment

hi,i did see not a fictious name i saw hickam air force base and i did see this real name. i think the new 50 show is no 1 and it'll be hawaiis best hit since jack lord's day's with the true team of 50.

well thank's for your time

Comment

The local reference for this episode is malasadas.

Comment

Just some observations about tonight's show.

1. Looks like this will be more of a buddy type of police show vs. the kind of show the original was - not too much focus on the wooden bad guys... some focus on the victims - much of the story still revolves around the 5-0 team.

2. Mustang is gone. Camaro is in. Not surprising since Chevrolet is the main sponsor.

3. That red Chevy Cruise or whatever the new sedan is called certainly got a great product placement at the end... and it did not get scratched from the nearby explosion.

4. I still miss the incidental "Hawaii Five-0" theme music sprinkled within the episodes like the original.

5. The Danny character is the scene stealer.

6. The old Honolulu Advertiser parking lot has the carcass of the destroyed SUV from this episode... and the fleet of Chevy Impala cop cars are growing.

7. Unlike LOST, I can miss an episode without missing much of the new "Hawaii Five-0".

Just my 2 cents. I still like Jack Lord better.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Well the bad guy that fell into the harbor from last week's episode hasn't been found yet so either he is going to come back or some person is going to find a dead body in some future epsiode.

I was kind of thinking that tonight's episode with the jet sneaking in might be an escape route for Victor (last week's bad guy).

I guess the plot hole of tonight's episode is that jet had to come from a far away place such that it would have been known by the local air traffic controller as being a suspious aircraft.

Best line of the episode is from Toaster saying "I can smoke here?" and with Dan and Steve saying "No" together.

Comment

I'm enjoying the idea that this show doesn't take itself quite as seriously as did the original. I like that its got lots of action rather than lots of car chases/scenic drives. and because of advances in filming techniques and quality of film, the shots are tighter and much better looking.

I'll keep watching it - it's a fun show!
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          I'm enjoying the idea that this show doesn't take itself quite as seriously as did the original. I like that its got lots of action rather than lots of car chases/scenic drives. and because of advances in filming techniques and quality of film, the shots are tighter and much better looking.

I'll keep watching it - it's a fun show!
                          Ditto for me! I also liked the way the "Book 'em, Danno" line was handled tonight.

Comment

One of the advantages that any show shot in Hawaii seems to have these days is a great community of fans. Hawaii 5-0 is the kind of show that I could watch and enjoy without being upset at missing an episode. I'm usually a watch online type of person, but I made a point to catch it live tonight so that I could join in on the Twitter fun of spotting familiar locales or shout outs.
                            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Helen called it. That guy's body wasn't found.

The end was cute. There still wasn't any real character development for Kona or Chin Ho. I mean, we get more of them, but we don't know anything new about them.

There was a lot less local flavor in this episode.

I'm still on board.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Ok, just got thru watching episode 2 online....

Not bad.... Nice that a story and thrilling opening which took me by suprise happens to be near another famous landmark that was part of the opening credits from the orignal. Alex O'Loughlin is picking up steam here but Caan is still the scene stealer of the show. A few noteable guest stars seen (don't wanna say who/whom so I do not spoil for others that has not seen episode 2 yet. No offense to Grace but Kelly Hu would have been awesome in a certain scene. And I assume that is going to be Chin Ho's ummmmm ride seen on the show from now on?

Yeah the signature line at the end was memorable I have to say

Comment

Working...
                                X