American Idol: Season 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol: Season 8

The second group of 12 performed last night, and the top three will be announced tonight.
    My prediction is Allison Iraheta, the 16 year old redhead... Megan Joy Corkrey, the blonde with the arm tattoo... and the person I picked to win the entire season, Adam Lambert.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Those were my top 3 last night, too.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Those were my top 3 last night, too.
        Well, we got two out of three. Megan should've have easily beaten that guy Kris.

Comment

Megan might be brought back as a wild card. And, yes, she was better than Kris.

Comment

Boring. Very boring.
            The R&B singer Lil Round won the night, followed by blonde country singer Kendall Beard. Neither of them will ultimately win the show, and they may not even make the final ten.
            The other ten tonight were just... boring.

Comment

Glad I missed it!

Comment

Wild card...
                Tatiana...
                Nuthin' but a ratings ploy! Ugh!

Comment

My DVR cut off the last few minutes of last night's episode. I didn't get to see the final wildcard pick.

I went online & it looks like they picked 2 so there are now 13 finalists, right?

Comment

Right, 13 finalists. The extra one was Anoop.
                    Thank gawd the judges had the sense to bring back Megan, the one TutuSue and I mentioned earlier.
                    And THANK GAWD that drama queen Tatiana got booted off. I agree with Tutu that it was just a ratings ploy. The producers probably insisted on it. I almost feel sorry for her -- she clearly has some emotional issues, and being booted off not once but twice may have done harm to her clearly fragile mental state. And just for the sake of ratings? Cruel.

Comment

I'm guessing 13 finalists means a double elimination for week one. Talk about drama
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

I stand by what I said a month ago in post #27, and there's only one reason to watch AI Season 8 -- Adam Lambert. None of the others are anywhere close.
                        I predict that he'll be one of the last to perform each week. Otherwise, I think a lot of viewers would switch channels right after he sings.
                        Also, there's going to be some announcement tomorrow night about a change in the competition. Simon said the voters may not like it. My guess is that the judges will now have a say in the results. Ya think?

Comment

I thought AI was for non-professional singers? I saw a couple of youtube videos of Adam Lambert that make it seem like he was a professional singer.

Comment

I think a professional singer is anyone who receives payment in exchange for services so that would eliminate the bulk of the contestants, I think.

Adam's been acting in theater. Don't know if AI still eliminates potential contestants if they've recorded a CD.

Comment

I like Adam, I was just curious about how "professional" one can be and still compete *g*

Comment

No comments on last weeks show? The country theme. Adam's version of Johnny Cash's "Ring Of Fire" was very strange and bizarre, but it still showed off his amazing voice. Alexis got the boot.
                                So how'd you like last night, with the Motown theme? That 16-year-old girl Allison was the only other one besides Adam that impressed me. Lil Rounds was a disappointment; Motown should have been her chance to really shine.
                                I think Michael Sarver the oil rig guy and Megan Joy with the arm tattoo will both be in the bottom two and it will probably be Megan who gets the boot.
                                Ya think?

Comment

Working...
                                X