Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much action here. Why for?

I check in every day to see wassup, and "No new posts."

Has our community died? Or is everyone too busy?
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Not much action here. Why for?

I have an unwritten rule that I won't post when there are no daily latest posts. I no like be hog cheese.

Comment

I think there was enough energy expended over the years by some posters in being skanky (that is, mean) that it turned off many folks. Regenerating interest is much harder once you lose it in the first place.

So then, it takes a bit of extra effort in finding ideas for new posts that will inspire a response to bring back on board the old posters, as well as entice new ones (those new drop-ins that are asking more than where to eat on vacation or if we know of a cheap place to rent).

Meanwhile, my collage age children are into much more anonymous, quick-style-postings and forums, where you don't expect to get to know the personalities and interests of others. Maybe that is the current wave, not this sort of forum where we interact with old friends (and foes)? Are we just the "old folks" with the dinosaur-style-postings?
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Amati: True. Some very mellow people haven't been around for awhile. I've done more than my share of disagreeing (being disagreeable?). I may be partly the cause for my concern.
        I even noticed Helen is missing; she posted her meals daily. Maybe it's the busy season.
        ~ ~

Comment

While waiting for the tea water to boil, I did some checking for no reason other than killing time.
          In the past year, there have been 10 new "introductions".
          Their interest each seemed short lived.
          2 posts (over 1 day)
          1 post
          3 posts (over 3 days)
          9 posts (4 days)
          5 posts (2 days)
          3 posts (2 days)
          4 posts (13 days)
          2 posts (2 days)
          And the record-maker in the past 12 months for a newbie, 17 posts (12 on first day, 4 that were 2 weeks later, and 1 that was 8 months later).

Humm, that is only 9 posters .... well, the point remains the same, there is little retention of new posters who have used the intro thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            I no like be hog cheese.
            Well, who would? (I had to look that up: Can We Bring Back Hog Cheese?.)
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
              Meanwhile, my collage age children are into much more anonymous, quick-style-postings and forums, where you don't expect to get to know the personalities and interests of others. Maybe that is the current wave, not this sort of forum where we interact with old friends (and foes)? Are we just the "old folks" with the dinosaur-style-postings?
              They like the mean tweets.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                They like the mean tweets.
                Thankfully nobody I personally know of enjoys offensive tweets. The forums the "youngsters" participate in are forums that have quick-turn-around-time posts & responses, aimed for those who are online at the moment.

Comment

I think all the opinions expressed here are somewhat valid. But I have an additional comment. I think that this site has lost the interest of many, including myself, since many of the posts have become nonsensical and illogical. It is getting more and more difficult to find comments and expressions of opinions that are somewhat meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Expat Kamaaina View Post
                    I think all the opinions expressed here are somewhat valid. But I have an additional comment. I think that this site has lost the interest of many, including myself, since many of the posts have become nonsensical and illogical. It is getting more and more difficult to find comments and expressions of opinions that are somewhat meaningful.
                    Well, the only way to cure that is to post something that is sensical and logical. Comments and expressions of opinion that are somewhat meaningful are always welcome.

What would you like to talk story about?
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Expat Kamaaina View Post
                      I resemble the nonsensical and illogical remark. I was called a moron the other day because I said "Your welcome" to a guy being rude. Frankie's Market wrote meaningful opinions. But, some posters got mad at him because of that.

Comment

So, it's like "If I don't like what you say I'm going to take my toys and go home!" ????

So BS. I weatherd through a few years of 'being targeted.' Frankie telling me "You're punked" (whatever that means), matapule accusing me of being involved in a terrorist organization... WTF, does everyone else have a thin skin?

Everyone else was polite, informational or nonsensical.... I can handle.
                        ~ ~

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/lifes...ays/vi-AA8wrjI

People are getting too stressed out.

Comment

Long time no post for me. Even then it was only rarely.

Perhaps it’s like a long term marriage. You’ve heard all the stories over and over. Nothing new to add…..Just a guess.
                            A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

Comment

I've noticed lately that when I do a search for "Hawaii threads", the website no longer shows up in the list of results. Nor did it show in the first three pages of searching when I did "Hawaiithreads". It used to be one of the top results. It also did not show up in the first three pages of "Hawaii forum".

Is traffic so slow around here now that it is not even being recognized by the search engines? It would now be mighty hard for a new person to find the website.

Comment

Working...
                              X