Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that TV show!

OK.. still waiting for an answer on this:

"She sang the show's theme song and played a recurring role as a singer on this legal comedy show. Name the singer and the show."

Hint: Fox
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

What show had two wahines who lived in Milwaukee and worked in a brewery?One of the two wahines became a famous movie producer and is the sister of another movie producer.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        What show had two wahines who lived in Milwaukee and worked in a brewery?One of the two wahines became a famous movie producer and is the sister of another movie producer.
        I'll venture to guess LaVerne & Shirley. Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams?? Marshall I think produced the movie A League of Their Own in 1992.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

This one is real easy... A classic Bill Haley & the Comets song was used as the opener for this famous ABC TV comedy show in its first year only.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
            I'll venture to guess LaVerne & Shirley. Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams?? Marshall I think produced the movie A League of Their Own in 1992.
            Mel gets $20!

OK how about which TV show had a theme song with lyrics: "Who can light the world up with her smile...who can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile..." Also set in Minneapolis, I believe.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

This very successful NBC Comedy show ran only 4 episodes in its first season.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                Mel gets $20!

OK how about which TV show had a theme song with lyrics: "Who can light the world up with her smile...who can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile..." Also set in Minneapolis, I believe.

Miulang
                The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I enjoyed, and still do when I can, watching re-runs of this TV classic.

BTW, the first year of the MTM show had a slightly different theme song that went like this:

How will you make it on your own?
                This world is awfully big, girl this time you're all alone
                But it's time you started living
                It's time you let someone else do some giving
                Love is all around, no need to waste it
                You can have the town, why don't you take it
                You might just make it after all.
                You might just make it after all.
                Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; March 12, 2006, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                  This very successful NBC Comedy show ran only 4 episodes in its first season.
                  What is... Friends?
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

The sidekick humorously mangled English.
                    I can't help thinking of Bill Dana's hilarious "Jose Jimenez" character.

Comment

• Re: Name that TV show!

Originally posted by helen
                      Part of me wants to guess Zorro but the couple of episodes I have seen latey (a couple of years ago) the sidekick couldn't talk at all.
                      Let the other part of you take a guess and see what happens! Zorro was a good guess but not the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                        I can't help thinking of Bill Dana's hilarious "Jose Jimenez" character.
                        A bit too young for my grandma...he's even younger than my dad! But, yah, funny character. Dana appeared on the old Danny Thomas Show then on his own show.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                          If it was Zorro, then Tutusue's grandma dated Guy Williams? Also of Lost in Space fame.....
                          He's from Bill Dana's era. Still too young for my grandma!

Comment

[...]More clues...
                            Very few of us on HT are old enough to have watched the orginal show (in b&w, no less!). I don't know if the show was later released into reruns.

The sidekick was of hispanic descent, hence the interesting variations of the English language! I still don't know if that was intentional or not. It would probably not be PC now but it was very funny then.
                            The last few clues:
                            A western...
                            At least 50 years ago or more...
                            The sidekicks initials are LC...
                            I loved that show and watched it for several years before my grandma nonchalantly mentioned she'd dated LC. I was sooooo impressed and young enough to think that meant he was really my grandpa!

Comment

What was the name of the sidekick on a game show starring a guy with facial hair but no beard?
                              Wow, you HTers really are a young bunch!
                              Another clue:
                              The star was known for his eyebrows and mustache! Any guesses on the sidekick?

Comment

Wow, you HTers really are a young bunch!
                                Another clue:
                                The star was known for his eyebrows and mustache! Any guesses on the sidekick?
                                OK. After some thinking and looking up... I have to say it is "The Cisco Kid" given the number of hints you threw at us. His sidekick was Pancho.

More info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042093/

According to IMDB, this is available on DVD and home video. So everyone can be politically incorrect again!
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X